Explosion [Bdubs/Etho] PT2

Hello peoples :D

Been a bit [again] and I'm back! 

Part 2 of this fic, and I recommend reading the one before to have context of what's going on. 

This was requested by @_Lexscallion_

Thank you for reading and feel free to drop a comment or two!
Enjoy :D

TW: Explosions, murderous intention, little bit of gore, panic, panic attack(sorta?), fainting, loved one hurt, destruction, mention of earthquake, falling tree, blurred vision, trapping people(mentioned)

WC: 1274

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly, a great earthquake shook the server, shaking all the things on his shelves, scaring Bdubs so much that he fell over and panicked, realising that there was a tree above him. What the heck is going on? Can we even get earthquakes on Hermitcraft? After going around in circles in his mind for a while, he finally connected the dots and figured out that it was him who caused the explosion.

It was his trap.

It worked!

And this tree above him was shaking a suspiciously large amount.

He heard a snapping sound, eyes darting to the trunk of the tree, slowly processing the fact that the tree was falling. A moment of panic struck him, but he couldn't get his body to move and get out of the way. His arm, his arm moved to cover his head with one, the other moving to push himself away. He pulled one of his legs up to his body.

The tree started falling slowly at first as if everything was slowing down. Then, BAM, with great force and velocity, the tree slammed on top of one of Bdubs' arms.

Nothing.

Stars – actually maybe not stars, spots? What is that shape? - danced in his vision. He blinked a few times, parts zooming around in his head, not forming into anything quite solid. A tree trunk slowly came into view, his vision focusing a little. A spark of pain crept up his arm and darkness traced the edge of his vision. He struggled to stay conscious, his focus wavering.

Darkness, again.

A dulling pain crept up the back of his head, a needle of pain poking through. Then, the needle exploded. He gasped, realising that he was struggling to breathe. He could feel his heart pounding in his head, his vision was blank.

White hot pain blinded him, his breath coming out in short, sharp inhales. Quick, fast exhales. His breathing was uneven. His heart was pounding. His vision was blurred but slowly focused.

Everything was so blurry, he saw blue, grey, and a little bit of yellow. His head was pounding, eyes not focusing properly. Sparks of pain blew in his head, and his entire body felt sore. He couldn't move.

Thoughts blurred in his head, and somewhere along the way, he realised there were tears in his eyes.

Tired, he gave up fighting and laid down. He groaned slightly with pain, resting his head on the dirt. His hair was going to get dirty. I'll deal with it when I wake up.

When Etho heard about the problem, he immediately started worrying.

He had only heard about the explosion on Hermitcraft when Doc had messaged him. Apparently, someone blew up Sahara, and a few Hermits were caught in the explosion. They were still finding people that were caught in it so he had logged on to help.

Once he logged into the server, Xisuma teleported him to the group of people searching for injured Hermits. Bdubs was not in the group. He must be in his base, it's pretty far away anyway. Bdubs had complained about how his base was too far from the shopping district for him to get supplies even though they had a whole nether hub.

Everyone was in a panicked state, looking for their friends. Xisuma quickly created order, getting everyone to calm down and listen to him. He organised groups to look for missing Hermits, sending people to the village to check for people, to other big bases, and a lot of them to search for any injured Hermits in the explosion radius. There were about 20 Hermits here at the search group gathering.

There are 27 Hermits, including Biffa, Beef, and Etho who logged on to help. There would be 7 Hermits injured or simply absent in this group. Hopefully just absent.

They set off into the shopping district, looking for other Hermits. Etho went with Doc and headed off into the air to scan the skies for Hermits. The shopping district was a mess. Buildings were cracking, and there was a huge crater where Sahara was. Etho may have not actually seen the shopping district, but he had seen pictures and this was definitely not something the Hermits would do. Who would do this?

Nothing added up, who would even try to do this sort of thing? There was no way Xisuma had let a person like this into the server. There was no way there was a problem with the code right? That was the only answer that Etho could come up with. But how would the code cause something like this?

Doc said something that pulled Etho out of his thoughts. There was a fallen tree with some weird green part sticking out. It was fall. There shouldn't be any green. Etho's mind blurred, nothing was being processed. They flew down to check it out. Etho's eyes blurred through as he saw what it really was.

Bdubs.

The whole sight was gorey, blood bleeding from Bdubs' arm, the whole arm red and purple from internal bleeding. There was a huge branch on his arm, crushing it. Bdubs' face was contorted in pain, cold sweat on his face. His moss coat was green, but on the sleeve, it was red. Dark crimson red. Blood. Bdubs' blood. His Bdubs' blood.

Doc reacted faster than Etho did, immediately going to try and lift the branch. Etho couldn't move. That was Bdubs, that was his Bdubs. Under a branch, hurt.

Doc said something, gesturing to help him. He wasn't sure what, but he needed to move, help him, stop staring like an idiot.

He walked over, and helped Doc, walking on automatic. His brain wasn't working. All he knew was that Bdubs needed help. He was hurt. And Doc was helping him. He needed to go help Doc pick up the branch.

So he moved his arm and legs, to go help Doc. When he helped lift the branch, it felt like 100 pounds. His arms and legs were weak. All he wanted to do was help Bdubs. When the branch was lifted off his arm, all Etho could do was stare at Bdubs as he fought back the tears. He sat down quietly next to him, studying his Bdubs.

Bdubs' eyes were closed, face slightly tensed, and small drops of sweat on his face. His beautiful face was slightly contorted in pain. Etho didn't move, scared to accidentally hurt him. He heard Doc talking in the background, but nothing that he said was heard. It was all a blur. The words, the time, the shock; all washing over him like a wave. Drowning him.

Etho tried not to look at his arm, knowing that it was bad. It hurt him so much knowing his Bdubs was hurt. Tears started falling out of his eyes without his permission. He didn't know how long he sat there, he didn't know if Doc was still there. All he knew was his Bdubs was hurt. Bdubs passed out in front of him. And he was unable to help him. He couldn't do anything.

People moved around him, someone was talking to him. Nothing processed in his brain as his Bdubs was moved up into a stretcher. There were Hermits all around him, talking quietly to him. Everything they said went through one ear and out the other as Etho silently watched Bdubs get carried away on a stretcher.

Everything moved too fast, Xisuma saying something, people moving around. And before he even fully processed it, Bdubs was moved to another place and Etho was sitting in a chair at someone's base.

Why? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhh cliffhanger :0

There will be another part, not sure when though. 

Thank you for reading :D