Rain [HEX]

Hey :)

There are some requests out there, I'm getting to them I swear. It's been going a bit slow cause I recently started school. Thanks for your patience and also, thank you guys so much for 3k views! This is insane, I never thought that I would get so many views. :D

And so, without further ado, have another HEX fic. 

Enjoy! :)

WC: 727

TW: fluff, blanking out, rain, crying [I really cannot do this .-.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staring out into the rain, Hels's mind blanked. The drops of rain fell onto the ground, pitter-pattering as the drops exploded and made ripples in the puddles on the sidewalk outside.

His ears perked up at the sound of footsteps coming towards him. He fidgeted with the drawstring of his sweater, loosening and tightening the knots at the end. He leaned back into his chair, still staring out the window, fiddling with his drawstrings as he heard his boyfriend, the only other person in the house, approach.

The door cracked open, but Hels made no indication that he heard, blanking out after figuring out that Xay was headed towards him. He looked out the window, admiring the rain, and reached out with his hand to touch the window. He watched as the rain hit the window, feeling the vibrations and the coldness on the window. Heat flooded to his hand, as his Nether Origins were confused as to why Hels was so cold. The contrast in his hand and the window was as if there was a fire lighting up against the rain. Impossible and interesting.

He didn't hear as Xay approached, only knowing that they were by his side when he felt the gentle hand on his shoulder. Hels looked up at him, and Xay looked back, fondness and concern clouding the other's eyes. Hels took a deep breath, relaxing as he knew his boyfriend was there for him.

Hels leaned towards Xay slightly and felt a small smile tug at his lips. Xay let out a small sigh of relief, pulling a chair near them towards Hels and sitting down next to him. Hels smiled, letting it sneak onto his face, putting his own hand on Xay's which was on his shoulder. Xay rubbed Hels's shoulder, loosening the tension in them. Hels hadn't even noticed the tension that had built in him while he was looking out into the rain.

Tears pricked at Hels's eyes, not sure why he suddenly felt like he needed to cry, Hels frowned. Xay looked at Hels, slightly concerned at his expression. Hels blinked, looking away from Xay towards the other side of the room. He reached for Xay's other hand, and they immediately understood, taking Hels's hands in their own. Hels gripped their hands tighter as tears began to slide down his face.

Not being able to hide it anymore, Hels kept his head down and turned over to face Xay without looking at him. He tried saying something, but he choked, his throat tight.

Xay reassuringly squeezed Hels's hand. "You want a hug?" they asked, a voice filled with concern. They rubbed their thumb over Hels's hand, trying to comfort him. Hels nodded, not being able to get his voice to work. He gripped Xay's hand tighter, leaning forward towards Xay.

Xay loosened their hold on one of Hels's hands, pulling him towards him. The other hand squeezed Hels's hand, comforting him as tears continually ran down his face. A sob escaped Hels, making him sniffle and melt into Xay.

"I, I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm crying," Hels choked out, tears flowing down his face in a stream now, soaking into Xay's sweater. Xay ran their hand through Hels's blond hair with practiced ease, kissing the top of his head. They rubbed their thumb over Hels's hand once more.

"It's okay, you don't have to know why you're crying," Xay said softly, placing his head on top of Hels's. They rubbed small circles on Hels's back, comforting the blond.

Hels tucked his head into the crook between Xay's head and neck, letting himself cry, Xay rubbed his boyfriend's back, and his hand, whispering and reassuring him that he was going to be alright. Hels shook with sobs, his body trembling as he let go of all his pain.

Hels sniffled, not sure how long he had been crying. Hearing a stop to the tears, Xay pulled back slightly, meeting Hels's eyes. "Feeling better?" they asked, ruffling Hels's hair. Hels's face broke into a smile, hugging Xay tightly.

"A lot, thanks," Hels said, pulling back and kissing Xay's cheek. Xay smiled, glad that their boyfriend was okay. They happily pulled Hels into a proper kiss, softly meeting his lips. They kissed sweetly, holding each other.

The rain outside still poured, its coldness contradictory to the warmth inside.