things as a kid

It was a typical third Friday a month that wasn't as typical, because most of the times it didn't happen anyway. That made it more of an untypical third Friday night a month's occasion. Anyway, Todoroki, Bakugou and Midoriya were currently sitting in the latter's living room, talking about work and such, having a few drinks. It was rare for these kinds of meetings to actually happen, because most of the time at least one of them got called in for hero work, because of another emergency. 

They worked for the same agency and often got paired up for mission, therefore they've managed to get along over the past two years. Midoriya would have called them friends, even though Bakugou still actively denied him being friends with Todoroki. But both Midoriya and Todoroki knew that deep down, the blonde liked them more than he would ever admit in front of them.  

And honestly, what would they even do without each other? The world has changed, the hero industry wasn't the same anymore ever since All Might died. There were no hero rankings no more, not such a thing as 'top heroes'. It has become harder to be a hero.  

"Sometimes I think it's just not what I signed up for!", Midoriya exclaimed.

"We were prepared to be strong heroes who can speak and act for their own, who are proud of what they do, who work for the world and not a company! I mean I am up for giving up my whole live for the safety of people, but not for an agency to simply make money with it and overwork me!"

The ongoing rant was most likely due to the amount of alcohol they've been drinking. At first Midoriya was against it, but Bakugou just sat a variation of bottles onto his table and Shouto has nodded, so yeah. He's been dragged into this, one could say. 

On the other side of the couch Bakugou hummed in approval, leaned back into the cushions with closed eyes.

"Fuck the agencies," he murmured, taking another big sip out of his beer. Seems Midoriya wasn't the only one work has gotten to the last months. He didn't come around to notice the dark bags under his friends' eyes either. Next to him, Todoroki was quite quiet, nodding from time to time to show his agreement or giving short comments of his own to why he thinks this system had to run the way it did and how they probably had to start their own agency to solve the problem. 

"We have to start our own," he said for the third time this evening, looking from Bakugou to Midoriya, then staring back into his glass.  

Bakugou groaned next to him. "We can't. Payment's too shitty." On Todoroki's other side Midoriya nodded. The green-head rubbed his temples as if to get rid of a headache.

"It's not just the payment. It's the working hours." Bakugou cracked a laugh.

"You mean all hours of the week?" Todoroki furrowed his brows and looked at Midoriya.

"I don't like to admit it, but he's right. We almost never see the insides of our apartments no more." Silence followed after that. Bakugou did not move, Todoroki stared into his glass again and Midoriya sat there absent mindedly.  

"I just wish I had the time to my dishes or take a nice long bath even," Midoriya suddenly said, sighting loudly, almost dreamy.

"Right?", Todoroki asked, "It has been ages since I've had dinner with my siblings."

Midoriya took another sip of his drink and nodded, giggling lightly when he put down his glass. "It's kind of funny how when you get older, you start to enjoy things you hated as a kid." 

After being silent for a long while now, Bakugou raised his voice, humming in agreement, but still not opening his eyes. "Mhhhm. Like taking naps." The blonde sounded like that was almost what he was doing right now and Midoriya had to admit he's never seen his friend relaxed like that. Work was really getting to all of them.