sicky

Midoriya had always been a light sleeper, even as a little kid. Maybe that was just instincts he picked up from his mother. Maybe it was for personal reasons. Maybe it was just simply the way he was.

A soft cry woke Midoriya from his sleep. Sitting up in bed he scanned the moonlight room, only finding the heavily sleeping blond next to him. He hadn’t remembered falling asleep with Katsuki, but nevertheless he was there much to his enjoyment.

Another cry followed by a fit of rough coughing finally made the greenette get out of the comfort of his bed. Following the sound down the hall to the bathroom.

He opened the unlocked door to find Shoto laid out on the bathroom floor shaking and teary eyed.

Todoroki had mentioned earlier that he wasn’t feeling great, but he acted like it was no big deal when Bakugou offered to take him to recovery girl. He’d always been like that. Never asking for help because he didn’t want to be a burden he’d say. That was the one thing Midoriya couldn’t stand about him.

“ Dada ...” Todoroki whined as Midoriya peeled him off the cold bathroom floor. He’d been laying there so long that his hot sweaty skin stuck to the tile.

The greenette sat his little on the bathroom counter. Cleaning his tear stained face with a cold wet rag before gently pressing his hand against his forehead.

“ Baby you’re burning up.”

Todoroki gave a displeased groan and glaring at the caregiver.

“ Sorry.” He nervously apologized not wanting to upset him even more.

“ Icky…” Shouto mumbled fidgeting with his shirt.

Izuku brushed the littles damp hair from his face “What’s wrong Bunny?”.

“N-not’ing” he replied quickly turning away from the green haired boy. His body betrayed him as Shoto tried to hold in a cough but failed.Midoriya repressed a groan. Thanks Enji. They were still working on the whole keep going no matter how hurt you are thing.

“ Shoto “ Izuku said firmly, catching the others' attention “ you need to tell me what’s wrong or else I don’t know how to make you feel better.”.

That was all it took for the boy to start squalling. “Hur’s” Todoroki choked out through a rather rough coughing fit.

Midoriya could feel his heart break as the sick boy clung to him. “ Shhh! It’s okay baby. “ The shorter boy assured picking the other up and carrying him to his room.

Midoriya sat down on the littles soft cool bed gently rocking the crying boy back and forth.

Izuku knew better than to believe that Shoto had received any decent care when he was sick as a child, but he also knew better than to believe he got none. Rei did what she could in the time she had, after all she truly did love her kids, especially Shoto. The two absolutely adored each other.

“ You want me to get you something to help you feel better?” Midoriya asked still slowly rocking the other. Todoroki nodded before springing into another coughing fit.

“ If I go get you medicine you’re going to have to stay here. You think you can handle that bunny?”.

Shoto nodded tears still streaming down his face.

“ Here why don’t you hold onto All Might until I get back?” Midoriya offered taking the plush from Todoroki’s night stand. Shoto held the plush tight, watching the shorter male closely as he walked out of the room.

Shoto never cease to amaze him with his emotions. Midoriya knew that he couldn’t help it, but sometimes it’s scary to see what’s really going on behind that monotone voice and cold stare. Even though Midoriya knew he couldn’t do anything about the others' childhood he felt guilt.