If it were always this easy

Todoroki laid on his bed feeling more drained than ever. This week had literally been hell! If it wasn't school making him tired it was practice, and if it wasn't practice it was his dad.

If he wasn’t staying up past two in the morning doing schoolwork, he was being berated by his sorry excuse for a father. He was sick of being yelled at and beat. He just wanted to rest and be away from it all. Todoroki cuddled up with his favorite fleece blanket as he felt a familiar warm feeling in his belly.

He knew Midoriya and Bakugo wouldn’t be back for a while, so he decided to lay down while he waited. Shoto grabbed his favorite white pacifier from his nightstand and immediately started sucking on it. Todoroki wrapped his arms around his favorite stuffed bunny his daddy gave him and got cozy in bed for a nap.

Shoto felt his head getting fuzzy. The type of fuzzy that meant he was getting little again, which meant he was going to be safe from all the big scary things.

Todoroki started thinking about the sound of the rain and how soothing it sounds. Soon he closed his eyes and drifted off to the thought of splashing in puddles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Bakugo and Midoriya got home Todoroki had been asleep for a few hours. Bakugo agreed to let Midoriya finish his homework, while he went to go check on Shoto. Katsuki opened Shoto’s dorm room door to see a sleeping Shoto, pacifier hanging out of his mouth.

Bakugo smiled and sat down next to the bed. What did he do to get something as sweet and precious as his baby? Katsuki started slowly running his fingers through Shoto’s hair. He was so happy to have Todoroki in his life, even if they didn’t always have the best relationship. He always knew what to do both in and out of little space.

Shoto’s eyes fluttered open as Bakugo brushed his finger across his cheek. “ Hi, baby you sleep well?” Bakugo asked smiling at his little. Shoto nodded gently and reached out to touch his daddy’s hand.

“ How little are you sweetie?”

Todoroki hesitated and held up three fingers.

“ Okay Sho. Do you wanna come downstairs with me and Dada ?”

“ Jus Dada an daddy ?” Shoto asked.

“ Yeah shosho, it’s just me and Dada.”

Todoroki nodded yes and motioning for Katsuki to pick him up.

“ Hold on sweetie let’s get into some more comfortable clothes first.”

Bakugo walked over to the littles closet picking out a cute black onesie.

“ You like this one Sho? “ He asked holding it out so he could see. Shoto nodded silently and held onto Bakugou’s arm.

“ Then let’s get you out of these big boy clothes!” Katsuki said cheerfully and starting undress Todo. That’s when he noticed the big purple bruise on Todoroki’s side.

“ ShoSho what happened ?” He had a feeling he already knew but Katsuki just kept hoping he’d tell him that he ran into something or fell, anything other than the answer he knew was coming.

“ Wha yous talk abo daddy ?” He asked cocking his head to the side.

“ This place here on your side baby.” He said as he reached out and gently touched it. Katsuki watched as the little flinched.

Tears started streaming down his face as his bottom lip started to tremble. “ H-hit me...” he whimpered.

“ Who hit you, baby?” He already knew the answer and it was an answer he didn’t like, but he needs to hear Shoto say it.