sick and alone

"Are you sure you'll be okay while I'm gone?" The blonde asked, standing in the front hallway of his and Shouto's shared apartment.

"Yes Kats, I'll be fine. You're just picking up cold medicine, right?"

"Yeah and a few other things. I'm just worried about you slipping while I'm gone, especially since you're sick."

"Don't worry about me, It'll be fine. It's only, like, 45 minutes."

Shouto tugged his light pink throw blanket back over his shoulder with a sniffle, then reached up and pulled Katsuki into a hug. In return, the blonde placed a soft kiss on top of the smaller male's head. They stayed that way for a bit longer, then pulled away.

"Okay, I'll be back soon. If anything happens, call me."

"Nothing is gonna happen-"

"Shouto. If anything happens. Call. Me. Promise?" He asked, resting his hands on Shouto's shoulders.

Shouto nodded.

"Shouto."

"Okay!" Shouto huffed, "I promise."

"Thank you. Okay bye, I love you." Katsuki said as he opened the apartment door and stepped into the hallway.

"I love you too."

--------------------

Everything was going well. It had been 15 minutes since Katsuki left. Shouto decided to watch TV to pass the time.

He flipped through channels, skipping any cartoons he came across as to avoid slipping into littlespace. As much as he wanted to with how sick he felt and the headache forming somewhere deep in his skull, he had to stay big until Katsuki got home. He had to.

Shouto eventually settled on some random news station. It was boring enough that he knew he wouldn't slip.

--------------------

Shouto wasn't sure how much time had passed He was only half paying attention to the TV, and mainly focused on tying to ignore his headache that was only getting worse.

Suddenly, his phone pinged with a message from Katsuki.

"Long line at the store. I might be late, sorry baby."

Shouto smiled slightly and typed out a quick reply saying it was fine. He hit send and was about to switch over to YouTube on his phone when something on the TV caught his attention.

"Pro Hero Endeavour, do you have a moment for a quick interview?" The news reporter said. On screen was none other than Endeavour, dressed is a casual outfit.

"Not at the moment" He said, "I'm currently on my way to see my son."

'What?' Shouto thought. Once glance at the screen showed an apartment building in the background.

Not just any apartment building.

Shouto's apartment building.

Panic flooded through Shouto's body as he rushed to shut off the TV. The apartment was silent aside from Shouto's own staggered breathing and the soft jingle of a cat collar as Shouto's cat, Moon, came running over. The small black cat jumped up onto the couch and started pushing and rubbing her head against his arm. Shouto noticed and started petting her, trying to calm himself down.

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before 3 heavy knocks hit the apartment door.

"Shouto?" His father's deep voice called out.

Fear ran through him once again and he immediately dropped down to the mental age of 3. Panicking, he started to cry. Salty tears streamed down his cheeks as he shook violently. Moon seemed to notice this. She hopped off the couch and started meowing up at Shouto. Once he looked at her, she meowed again and began walking away. Shouto slid off the couch and followed her. The small cat knew what she was doing, as she had been trained for this.