CHAPTER 22

"Why don't you congratulate Ryan? You guys become closer these days, right?" Knightbot roll his eyes.

"We're not getting closer. I just want information about my brother from." One of the power sphere, Voltrabot getting irritated. "So you're saying that you just using him?! Don't you know he has feeling?!" Knightbot glare at him.

"And why you're getting mad at me for that? You usually don't care about things like this before. Why the kid get special treatment from you guys? Because he treat us well? Don't you guys ever hesitate to think he want to use us? By making he had stories to make us believe in him?"

That's it. Voltrabot finally snapped.

From far, Ryan notice the other power spheres start surrounding Knightbot and Voltrabot who seem to agree about something but he thought he don't have to interfere.

But then, after saw Knightbot and Voltrabot in fighting stand change his mind. "Oi, you two! What are you two doing?!" Shout Ryan as he hold Voltrabot to prevent his fight and Knightbot happen.

"V-voltrabot! Calm down!" He's struggling holding Voltrabot. "Calm down?! How can I calm down when he said bad things about you?! It's too much!" Ryan then pat Voltrabot's head gently to calm him down.

"Let's calm down first, shall we?"

Voltrabot, who still in Ryan's hold explain about what happened. After hearing what happened, Ryan chuckle bitterly. "It's fine, Voltrabot. I'm already used to it." He then look at Knightbot.

"Uh... I don't mind you say bad things about me but please don't fight with the others because of it." Knightbot getting pissed with Ryan's smile. "Tch. What's the point being kind to us when you want to use us, the power sphere?!" Ryan tilt his head.

"But I don't plan on using you guys?" Knightbot then snapped. "Then what's the real reason you're here? What did you said to commander to recruit you? Did you pay him. You think I don't know you keep a secret from us and that is killing your own blood related?! You run away from your family and come here, right?! How naïve." The next word from Knightbot make Ryan's breath hitched.

"This is why I don't like humans. They're running from their own problem."

Silent engulf the room as Ryan hold his head down and his bangs cover his face so the others what kind of expression is he making. His hands start shaking.

Voltrabot, who still in his hold notice this. He then look up and saw Ryan struggling holding his tears but fail since a single tear fall down from his eyes and dropped on Voltrabot.

Voltrabot's eyes widen. He never saw Ryan cry before so it's suprised him. The door suddenly opened make them started.

"Lance corporal Ryan, I need to talk to you." Ryan nod. He gently put down Voltrabot and stand up, walking toward Koko Ci. The others look at Ryan who walk behind commander with his head low and look at admiral Tarung who still in front of the door.

"What happened? I never saw him held his head low and always look up ahead." The others stiff at admiral Tarung's stern voice but Voltrabot bravely stand in front of admiral Rating and explain what happened.
.
.
.
"We got a signal that TAPOPS will be attacked by the space pirates. Their identities are still unknown but we have to prepare for the worse." Ryan nod and do the TAPOPS salute.

"Understand, commander!"

Koko Ci sigh. "I'm sorry to make you suddenly do this. We don't have much Lance corporal and captains. The admirals are at Laskar station. Since TAPOPS operation is just build only for 10 years until now so we don't
have much people."

"Only ten years you said? Aren't that already long? Oh. There's must be a lot of admiral in Laskar Station."

Ryan chuckle. "It's fine, commander. I don't mind and I understand why you doing all this." Koko Ci smile. "You really mature for your age."

"Get ready to defend!" Shout commander. The cadets start moving as Ryan in charge of East side, admiral Rating in charge of West, captain Kaizo in South side and Koko Ci in charge of North side.

(Wandering how Ryan meet Kaizo? That story is for another time.)