CHAPTER 60

Ryan decided to wear gloves. It's a good way to hide his half transparent hands. The others noticed the sudden change and ask him about it.

His answers? He just said he's up to something and wearing gloves is a safety step.
.
.
.
.
Ryan stare at his reflection on the mirror after he decided to wash his face. After finding out about his hands, he finds out it's hard to sleep these day.

His attention darts from his reflection on the mirror to his own hands. His hands or rather his arms can be seen half transparent now.

It's only been two days since his half transparent hands started and now it creep up to his arms.

At this rate, he can only last three to five days.

He can feel himself becomes nervous. He shut his eyes tight and take a deep breath.

"It's fine, Ryan. You're fine. You can hold it!" He slap his face and stare hard at his reflection that on the mirror.

"Get a grip, Ryan!"
.
.
.
Ryan is checking out the report while he's trying to forget about his half transparent arms. A sudden knock on his office door stop him and make him look at the door.

"Ah, come in."

BoBoiBoy peeking into his brother's office before going in. Seeing a familiar face, Ryan's face immediately lit up.

"BoBoiBoy? What's wrong? Do you need something?" BoBoiBoy walk towards his brother's working desk in hesitate.

"Uh, I want to see how's you're doing. Is there anything I can help you with those works?" Ryan smiles at his brother and shake his head.

"It's fine, BoBoiBoy. I'm the one who ask for all of this. You should rest with the others. By the way, how's your day?" BoBoiBoy watch his brother put aside his works and his attention is fully on him now.

"I-It's fine. Uh, you didn't have lunch yet, right? Can we have lunch together?"

Ryan about to decline but when he rethink again, this might be the last time they can have lunch together. Plus, after seeing his brother's nervously waiting for his answer, he decided to accept the invitation.

"Okay. Let's go then."

BoBoiBoy's face immediately lit up and excitedly grab Ryan's hand. His excitement immediately died down when he feels his brother's gloved hands. It's cold like frozen ice.

Ryan who notices BoBoiBoy's sudden change of expression tilt his head. Did his brother know his hands condition?

"What's wrong, BoBoiBoy? You're just excited a moment ago."

"... Abang, why your hands are so cold?"

Cold? Ryan look at his brother in confusion.

But his temperature is just fine.

After seeing his brother's confusion, BoBoiBoy immediately went panic.

"I'll heat up your hands!" Seeing his brother trying to take off his gloves, Ryan internally went panic.

"W-Wait, BoBoiBoy! I have fire resistance, remember? You can try to heat my hands without taking off these gloves." Ryan at first thinking of declining his brother's offer but after seeing BoBoiBoy's panic face, he at least want BoBoiBoy to be at ease so he let it be.

"No! These gloves will burn!" Without any moment, BoBoiBoy's take off the gloves with his full force and only to meet with a horror sight.

"A-Abang, what's the meaning of this...?"

Ryan sigh and looks away in shame. And here he thought he could hide it from his brother until he's gone.

He watch BoBoiBoy gently hold his hands with his trembling hands. His wide eyes and terrified expression says it all.

BoBoiBoy gently hold Ryan's half transparent hand like a fragile glass, as if it will easily shattered and broken.

Is this why Ryan want to stay in his office all day? Because he wants to hide this from him?

"Uh, maybe heating it will help it warms up?" His brother's voice snap him out of his thoughts and hurriedly try to warm up his brother's hand.

"A-Ah, right! I'll warm it up!"

BoBoiBoy change into his Blaze form and start warming his brother's hand with his fire.

"Hmm... It feels a lot warmer." Even though Ryan said those words, BoBoiBoy can't rest assure. Why?

Because he can feels Ryan's hands become colder.

Seeing BoBoiBoy's panicked face, Ryan can't help but feel worry for his brother. He then try to reassure his brother.

"Um, is it not working for you? Maybe it's because I haven't eaten yet? I need energy after all." BoBoiBoy vigorously nod as to reassure himself.

"Right! You haven't eaten yet today! Let's go to the cafeteria!" Without any other words, BoBoiBoy pulls his brother towards cafeteria in rush.

While BoBoiBoy is panicking on the inside and rush towards the cafeteria with his brother's hand in his hold, Ryan who got dragged can't help but feels guilty and look at his brother in pity.

'And here I thought with me leaving will make his life easier but looks like I'm burdening him more...'