chapter 13- Puppy Love

It was now 10 am as Enid had woken up after finally managing to get some sleep again after the events. She then tilted her head to see her wife who in turn looked back at her.

Enid smiled as she locked her gaze with Wednesday before she asked "Weds have you even had any sleep?

Wednesday replied "I've had enough from when I slept off the alcohol so dont worry about me. Besides during that time, I've made some plans for you to apologise for my actions however you need to get ready as I've booked an uber to come in an hour. Dont ask why it's a surprise."

Enid smiled knowing that when Wednesday made surprises for her they were always incredible.

An hour later both of them were waiting for the uber when Wednesday turned to Enid and said " since this is a surprise you can't see where we're going I'm going to blindfold you because I know you will look"

Enid nodded as Wednesday started to place the blindfold on her making sure she was comfortable with the tightness. A few minutes later the uber arrived and Wednesday helped her into the car.

To Enid, the trip felt like hours but in reality, it was twenty minutes. As the uber arrived at the destination. Wednesday removed the blindfold. As it took a couple of minutes for enid to adjust to the light. However, when she saw where they had arrived her smile widened as she saw they were outside the "Jericho animal rescue centre she just looked over to Wednesday who smiled back.

As they stepped out and the driver drove away enid was jumping up and down in excitement as she then hugged Wednesday so tight and she screamed "omg we are getting a pet thank you thank you thank you"

Wednesday smiled again and she hugged her back as she said "when you were sleeping I thought about what you said about a family and I thought maybe having a pet would be good practice for having a child in the future also it's my way of saying sorry so you have full control of what pet we get whether It's a dog cat or even a scorpion"

Enid kissed her as they walked hand and hand into the building. When they entered. Wednesday let Enid lead as she went instantly towards the dog section because when she was told she was told it was her choice she instantly knew they were getting a puppy.

As they walked enid was looking to find the perfect pup as many were stretching at their windows trying to get her attention. When suddenly she found her perfect one.

She stopped when she saw the puppy. It was a black labrador with blue eyes that looked like it had only recently been born, unlike the other dogs this one just stayed in its corner like it felt as if it was never going to be taken. She asked a staff member if she could go in and they allowed her to do so.

When she walked in the puppy looked up in shock but looked enid directly in the eyes at that moment a loving bond formed. Enid stroked it as it rubbed its head on enids shin.

As Enid was playing with the puppy Wednesday asked "so what's the deal with this one? Is it a bitch?"

Enid heard Wednesday's question as she shot up in response as she said to her "How could you call this cute pup a bitch?"

Wednesday sighed as she said "Enid you realise a bitch is a female dog done you that's what I was asking"

Enid went instantly red in embarrassment as she didn't know  as she simply said "oh"

Wednesday then turned back to the staff member as he told her

"This little one is called Argos and is a male dog. He's only been here a week as the owners thought he was the runt of the litter due to her eyes and she wasn't acting like the rest of the litter. So as soon as he was old enough they got rid"

As soon as this news was told she could see why enid was attached and now Wednesday felt the bond as the puppy made its way to her. She looked directly at it and she felt as if it represented them both not just in how it looked but in his story too. She knew she and Enid would be the best to look after him.

Wednesday then looked to Enid and said "is he the one you want?"

Enid nodded as she said, "I can't say no to this cute little guy I just want to take you home now."

Wednesday smiled as she said to the staff member "guess he's getting a new home"

The staff smiled as they said well come with me we will fill the forms out but you will need to wait a week before he becomes yours just vet checks and stuff.

They filled the forms out and once signed the staff member took out a little red sticker that said I'm adopted and stuck it on Argos' window.