Jay, has something special planned for hailey.

Jay: Kim can I ask a favor.

Kim: what's up

Jay: can you get Haileys ring finger size, at the same time not acting so suspicious. since she's always been good when something or someone is acting strange or being weird.

Kim: jay don't worry I will not let you down, thinking to herself, is Jay thinking, proposal?.
Jay: thanks..

As the week goes on, jay continues to get more and more healthier, his back finally is starting to feel like his back.. so he gives Brett a call.

Brett: this is Silvie, to whom am I speaking?

Jay: it's detective Halstead, CPD he laughs.

Brett: laughs, your such a dork jay, but anyway what can I do for you?

Jay: any chance you can take a day,off?

Brett: Sure, what's going on?

Jay: well here's the thing, I'm going engagement ring shopping.. and i figured I could use another friend to tag along with..

Brett:Aww jay that's so sweet, does she know?

Jay: not at all, I'm planning to surprise her on a vacation, i am getting ready to take..

Brett: awww, well you got it, just let me know i am an open book.

Thanks, jay replies I'll see you soon..

As Hailey is on the couch she wonders everything alright you've been talking to Brett for quite a bit.
Everything's ok just a check on my back pain.
Oh Hailey reply's by kissing jays back.

So babe, I have to ask you, I was thinking, of taking you on a vacation, you know to just step away from
Chicago, and no we aren't going to Disney, so i
Just wanted to hand you this.

What is it Hailey blushes opens up the envelope,
Airline tickets? Hmmm this is good she blushes.
First class to Rome, Italy?
Italy? We're going to Italy? Yes jay replies.

jay kisses Hailey,
I've always wanted to go besides, they're known for some of the best pasta in the world.
And wine, and of course Parmesan/mozzarella cheese..

Hailey blushes, International vacation here we go.

Jay: I love you.

Hailey kisses jay, I love you too

The next mourning, since  jay and Hailey have sometime off, jay has arranged a spa day for Hailey.
So it will buy him sometime to go look for the perfect engagement ring.

Jay: babe, I've set up a spa day at your favorite, so do what you like, hair, nails, med/pedicures, pamper yourself. Make yourself pretty.. and also if your craving some Mediterranean food, I've also set
You up at your favorite Greek spot

Hailey: babe your so sweet, but what's going on?
What your man can't let his girl get pampered?

Jay laughs..

Hailey rolls her eyes but anyways Brett called, she's coming to pick you up? everything alright.

It's probably therapy, no biggie, don't worry
I'll be home in a few hours so enjoy your day.
I love you babe..

Hailey blushes love you too baby..

at the back of her mind, she's thinking why is jay being such a romantic. Flowers, now a spa day/ dinner. Hmm.

Doesn't matter, I need a message anyway.

Jay takes off, as Brett is right outside..
Brett: so jay, where too? Diamonds direct?