Day off, Packing for Rome..

Haileys POV:
Well it's almost the weekend, and I've yet to pack for my trip to Rome, as much as I'm excited to be getting away from every day life and the Chicago weather.

At the same time I've still got this strange feeling. Why he decides to fly us to Italy

But anyway, it should be a fun/romantic trip..

Jays POV:
Babe I've got to go see Brett for a bit, shoulder is killing me so I'll be back in a couple hours.

Alright babe she replies, be careful I'll be packing so i am not rushing the day of, also baby bring home some dinner tonight..

Ok I'll text you Love you babe

Love you too she replies..

She thinks i am going to therapy,
but not really i am headed to Tiffany and co,
I've got an engagement ring to pick up...

As I arrive to Tiffany&Co,
I'm greeted by the jeweler on the floor, welcome did you have any questions?

Enjoy the sparkles.

Welcome Detective Halstead, I've got your engagement ring ready and polished, it's a beautiful rock. She will love it..

Thank you.. any good proposal advice.
Not going to give a lot says the jeweler, but just say whats in your heart, and stand strong..

I appreciate doing business and being a small part of your love to the love of your life..
Good luck ..
I appreciate it..

as I'm walking out, thinking to myself, how am I gonna keep this a secret, for the duration of our vacation.

I've got something special planned, but anyway,   now time to pick up dinner, desert and a movie...
But man this ring  I am taken back I as stare at it..
I've come a long way...

I love her, this will affirm it...

I can't wait for her reaction... and when I keep my promise to ask her to marry me.

Pull out my phone I text her.

j:Babe therapy done

H: good, feeling better!

J: yeah babe Brett works wonders, anyway, what would you like for dinner/dessert?

H: Just bring home some burgers/truffle fries.
Milkshakes?

J: Easy enough? Did you want any bacon on your burger..

H:Sure babe, I'll see you at home. Love you

J: love you babe..

Haileys POV:
As I'm packing up for what will be a long flight but a romantic get away,

I'm thinking, maybe he's planning to propose to me, just have this butterfly sensation going through my mind, at the back of all the injuries, work related pain, long days and nights,

As I look at some old photos of jay, I'm trying to not get emotional, but I've came so far from where we began. I'm so lucky to have him in my life, especially having this little peanut in my stomach. And i cannot wait until that day..

Trying to find a tv show, while waiting for him and
My lovely burger, as I'm about to watch Guy Fieri.
He texts me..

j:Baby I'll be a few minutes, long wait for food. Til then sit tight, might not make it to the movie rental so pick us a movie, anything you want..

H: alright, I'll see you soon.

J : I love you

H: love you babe.