short story 24

Y/N's POV
Bucky and I had a fight and it was over a stupid mission. He didn't want me to play decoy and I wanted to do it. It got to the point where he said he owned me and I had to do what he said, but I said in response. If it's like that, it's over. And now we haven't spoken in two weeks.

Today is the Stark Industries gala and my mom asked me to sing something. I didn't want to at first, but Nat told me to sing the song. Of course I knew immediately which one she meant, but I didn't know if it would make up for everything. She said he loves me and wants nothing more than to have me with him.

And now I'm going to go on stage and sing the song.

Bucky's POV
Steve forced me to go to this gala. I knew Y/N would be here as well, but she didn't want to see me anymore. She said that to me in our argument. I miss her, but I have to accept her decision. Because I already didn't accept her last one.

We were standing at the bar. "You should pay attention now." Steve said and pointed to the stage. I just looked at him confused and the lights on the stage slowly came on. Music started playing and then I heard them.

"A thousand people here, but I only see you. Because when you're there, nothing else matters. The music's too loud, but I can't hear it. Because every word you say throws me off track."

She searched with her eyes in the crowd for someone and when she got stuck on me I knew that she was looking for me. Her beautiful smile appeared on her face.

"Right now I lack nothing, nothing. As if I could live on air and love. No, I feel nothing more than you, there is nothing. Whatever happens, because..."

"Even if comets fall with a giant bang. I don't notice anything, I only have you in my head. The most beautiful symphony and the orchestra plays. But I hear nothing, I have only you in my head. All around me is silent when you're there. Only you in my head and nothing else. When comets fall with a giant bang. I don't feel a thing, I've only got you in my head."

She pointed at me at the last sentence and I knew she meant it.

"I'm forgetting what happened yesterday. Really nothing hurts anymore. With you, every day is somehow my favorite day. Because every time you laugh, it makes everything a little better."

I must join her and run off to the other side of the room, to the stage.

"Right now I lack nothing, nothing. As if I could live on air and love. No, I feel nothing more than you, there's nothing. Whatever happens, because...

Even when comets fall with a giant bang. I notice nothing, I have only you in my head. The most beautiful symphony and the orchestra plays. But I hear nothing, I have only you in my head..."

I jumped on stage and pulled Y/N to me and kissed her. I didn't care that I ended the whole song with that. She is the woman I love and never want to lose. Because she is my great love. When we broke up, not only I smiled, but so did she.

"I'm sorry I should have listened to you..." she began, but I interrupted her.

"No, doll. I should have trusted you, but I'm just too scared to lose you. I can't live without you, because you are my life." I said and had to pull myself together not to cry. But the tears ran down her face and I wiped them away.

"I love you, Bucky."
"And I love you, doll." I said and she kissed me.