short story 34

Bucky's POV
I went to Y/N, she helped Nat put the jet away.
"This will be our launch." I heard Y/N say.
"When we get back." Nat added.

I walked into the jet and Nat smiled at me. She nudged Y/N.
"I think someone wants to talk to you," Nat said.
Y/N turned and looked at me, smiling.
"Shall we go outside?" I asked her.
She nodded with a smile and we walked out of the jet.

"Are you ready?" I asked her.
"I'll be ready." she said with a smile.
"We have known each other for a long time now and we always have to make difficult decisions. So now I want to ask you..."
I stopped and Y/N looked at me in confusion.
"Are you ready?"
"I am ready!" She said seriously.

"Do you want to be my steady girlfriend?"
I waited a few seconds for her to respond and then I said tears came.
"Hey, Doll, don't cry." I said softly, wiping the tears away with my fingers.
"I love you endlessly, doll."
"I love you infinitely too, Bucky."
She kissed me and when we broke away, I asked again.

"So it's official now that you're my steady girlfriend?"
"Yes, Buck. I'm all yours."
She smiled brightly at me and I can't believe my luck. I just love this woman to no end.

*eight years later*

Bucky's POV
"Noah, Liv. Uncle Steve is here!" I called out.
I stood down the hall with Steve and we waited for the two little ones.

"OMG Uncle Stevi!" Liv exclaimed and came running downstairs. She immediately ran to Steve and hugged him.
"Dad, is Grandpa going to be there too?" asked Noah, who was just coming down too.
"Your whole family." I answered him.

It has been four years since I lost her. She died to protect our family. It was just a few days after Liv was born. There was a bomb placed in the hospital and she wanted to save Liv but also everyone else. She tried to defuse the bomb, but it was then too late. She used her power and formed a protective shield.

But when I was there, she had already made her decision. I wanted to go to her and stop her, but she wouldn't let me. The last thing she said was.
"Take care of them, honey. Tell them I love them with all my heart. And I love you endlessly, James Buchanan Barnes. I love you beyond death, Bucky."

"Is Nata there too?" asked Liv now.
"Yes, Natasha is there too." said Steve laughing slightly and lifting Liv up.
"We have to go now though." added Steve.
"I still have to get the picture." said Liv and went with Steve into the living room.

"Mom will love the flowers, won't she Dad?" asked Noah, holding the purple pink white flowers in his hand.
"Of course, she'll love them," I said smiling.

We walked to the grave and the two kids ran ahead.
"Hey, there you are." said Nat, greeting us.
Sam, Yelena, Tony, Pepper, Morgan, Happy, Wanda, Vision and Rhody were there. Today is the anniversary of her death.
We come together every year on this day to remember Y/N. We all miss her, but I miss her the most.
The kids bring her gifts and the rest of us talk about her, tell stories to the kids and remember.

"She's proud of you, Bucky. You're the best father your kids could have," Sam said to me.
"Thank you, but Y/N has been responsible for that, without her I wouldn't be here. She is my guardian angel. She's our guardian angel." I said and tears came to my eyes at the thought of her.
"That was all you Buck. She would say that now." said Steve, smiling.