short story 47

Y/N's POV
"What's your secret, Y/N?" asked Wanda, who had just come into the kitchen. I choked on my tea and tried to skillfully cover it up. Confused, I looked at her.

"What secret? I don't have a secret." I said and smiled afterward.
"Are you sure about that?" Nat asked, coming into the kitchen.
I put my cup down and looked at both of them.
"Why do you think I have a secret?"
They both looked at me with a look that said 'We are not blind'.

"Morning." Yelena came and looked around. "What's going on here?" she asked, grinning. "We asked Y/N about her secret," Wanda explained. Yelena nodded and her grin widened.
"Yes, the secret. I can't wait to see what it's like when they're three," she said, making herself a coffee. I, however, gave her a sour look. Nat and Wanda looked at me in confusion and surprise.

"Wait what?" asked Nat. "Yeah, didn't you guys mean the secret?" asked Yel, then confused. "We meant that Steve told us that Bucky and Y/N were moving into the house they were looking at," explained Wanda again, but then looked back at me.
"You're pregnant?" It then came from Sam, who was standing behind me. I don't know where he was coming from now.

"Oh..." said Yel, looking at me apologetically. But I still looked at her sourly. "Thank you," I said softly, feeling full of irony. "You're pregnant?" again I heard Sam ask. As I turned around, Bucky and Steve came into the kitchen from the living room and Sam looked at them. Bucky looked at me and Steve grinned.
"Doll, did you say something?" asked Bucky, coming towards me.

"No, but Yel," I said laughing, because how else should I react now? They were all going to find out next week anyway. "Sorry," said Yelena as Bucky looked at her. "So is it true that you're pregnant and moving into the house too?" asked Wanda. I just nodded and Bucky said smiling.

"Now that you already know, we can say it. Yes, we are pregnant, so Y/N. And yes we will move into the house, even if one or two things need to be renovated. But I want it to be the house we want our kids to grow up in." He then kissed me on the forehead and put a hand on my stomach. "We still have a little time until it comes, but we want to live there until the birth," I added with a smile.

"Congratulations!" is what I heard from everyone who didn't already know. So Wanda, Nat, and Sam. "What month are you? Because you can't see anything yet," asked Sam, looking at me. "How could you when she's wearing Bucky's shirts?" said Nat laughing and I had to laugh too. Bucky pulled up the shirt a bit so that you could see my belly. "So you can see it already," he said, grinning and stroking my belly.

"In the fourth month." then I said and smiled. "And then you say and still nothing?!" it came from Steve, but he played it. "Oh come on, you knew as well as Yelena," said Sam, nudging him. "He's my best friend!" said Bucky. "And I'm not?!" said Sam. "Maybe not so much," I said laughing. "Doll!" said Bucky warningly, and I looked at him. "Do you still want me to honor your betting debt?" I shook my head in response, but he took me over his shoulder and walked out. I had to laugh at that, as well as the others. "Be careful," said Wanda still.

The others came out to me and I didn't realize until we were almost there that he was serious. "Bucky, no, please don't. It's cold!" I started to shout. "For you, but not for me," he said laughing. And before I could say anything again, I landed in the pool. When I surfaced, I gave him a sour look. "I hate you for this," I said, annoyed. "I love you too, doll," said Bucky with a grin.