Chapter six: 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐎𝐮𝐭?

The next day.

Sasha swallowed the lump in her throat as she made her way downstairs. She had just carried her mother from out of the bath tub and tucked her into her bed.

'Oh how strong you've gotten over the years!' She said, slurring her words.

A gut wrenching feeling heavily affected her in the stomach at those words.

That was about fifteen minutes ago, she was now getting ready to open the door for Marcy and Anne. She tried not to think about the events with her mother, she already had a lot on her plate. She didn't need anymore stress.

There was already so much going on, her mother was a total addict, her father was never around, plus Anne is beginning to catch onto how she drove her friend away from her!

She had already started to wonder why Kathleen was ignoring her.

At that point, every thought about what had happened with her mother was completely washed away and replaced with thoughts about Kathleen.

Okay, maybe Sasha should've thought that through. But still, someone was trying to take away her Anne! It was totally worth it, but at what cost? She could get in trouble. Worst of all, the police could get involved for gods sake! She couldn't let anyone find out about that, especially Anne and Marcy.

Anne would totally freak out and see her differently and Marcy would make cringey yandere fanfics about it and start fangirling not even realizing how bad the situation was.

Who wanted to deal with that?

Hell no, not Sasha!

Anyways, once Sasha approached the front door she turned the knob and opened the door to see two familiar faces. Her best friends, duh! Marcy had two ice creams in her hand meanwhile Anne stood there with a teasing grin on her face not knowing that her melting ice cream was getting ready to fall on the floor.

Marcy reached her arm out to Sasha to give her the ice cream. The blonde gladly accepted and raised an eyebrow. "What took you guys so long?" She asked as she welcomed them both in and shut the door behind them.

Marcy jumped up and down with a smile. "We wanted to get ice cream before we got here, and we got you your favorite flavor!"

Her heart melted at the sight of the happy nerd being so excited and her heart rate began to speed up. 'So cute...'

"Yeah!" Anne said, lifting her hand to her mouth to tried to lick her ice cream but soon noticed that there was nothing there. The realization set in and she took a look down at her ice cream and her jaw dropped to the floor. "What happened to my ice cream!?"

Marcy and Sasha giggled at the brunettes cluelessness.

'Dumbass was too stupid to see that her ice cream was melting.' She thought as she chuckled and facepalmed.

She let out a deep breath once she was done laughing. And soon enough, that dreadful feeling washed over her once again due to the events from earlier with her mother. Her expression faltered at the thought and guessing from the sudden change in the other two girls energy, they picked up on it.

Before the girls had stopped laughing, Anne had again put on that teasing grin, probably about to tease Sasha about her date with Marcy but seeing as in she seemed to be not in the best mood, she changed her mind, not wanting to ruin her mood even more than whatever was bothering her.

Sasha wasn't the best person to piss off.

A look of worry appeared on Anne's face. "Hey Sash, what's bothering you?"