Chapter Twenty Seven: 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐔𝐩.

It was weird.

Sasha had expected Anne to be all over her trying to get her to talk and not letting her off the hook, but Anne wasn't talking to her at all. In fact she had been acting way different, not her typical Anne Boonchuy act.

Marcy talked to her of course, but whenever they talked, she always found some reason to mention Anne, if if Anne was standing across the room as they talked, they would stare at each other suspiciously.

There were two routes where things could go.

Either things would be awkward between them for a real long time, or they were planning something on Sasha.

It was honestly kind of worrisome to Sasha. She didn't want things to change between her and Anne, because then things would change between the three of them. And we all know they didn't want that, especially Marcy. As much as she can't face Anne, she can't deny that there was this teeny tiny feeling in her heart that wanted Anne to talk to her.

Like I said.

She always had a way of sneaking into peoples hearts.

As much as she couldn't deal with Anne trying to talk to her and being confronted about what happened, she couldn't deal with her making a quick glance at her and the two making eye contact, and then going about her business as if she didn't exist.

If this went on for too long, she was sure she would explode.

Of course she wanted to talk to Anne, but when you have crazy feelings for your best friend and they want to talk to you about it, it does some things to you.

She just didn't know what to do. It was like she was in a complete spiral.

As she sat in the cafeteria at the table, she sighed hard to herself, resting her chin on her hand as she sipped from her juice box. She wasn't sitting where she normally sat, with Anne and Sasha. She was sitting at the back of the cafeteria with Maggie, who usually sat there sometimes whenever she was reading or wanted to be by herself.

"What's the matter blondie? Your friends kissing behind your back or something?" Asked Maggie, scrolling on her phone.

"No, something else."

Maggie shut off her phone and set it down on the table, actually looking concerned. "What happened? I notice you aren't talking to Anne, and you guys always talk! Did something happen between you two?"

"Yes, and no." She facepalmed, stressed out. "I told her I liked her awhile ago, and she feels the same towards me."

Maggie raised an eyebrow in response. "Isn't that a good thing? You should be over the moon!"

The blonde chuckled nervously while rubbing the back of her neck. "Well... I didn't really react in the best way..."

"Dummy." Maggie facepalmed.

She gasped in offense and threw her arms up in the air. "Hey come on, sympathize with me a little! Things are complicated. I like Anne, and Anne likes me. But the thing is, we both like Marcy. And Marcy doesn't know that me and Anne like each other. So I don't know how things are gonna turn out. I'm so confused, I have no idea what to do."

"I just hope this doesn't ruin anything for the three of us. Marcy went through too much to keep us together."

At that point Sasha had started to feel overwhelmed. Her face was flushed and she was wiping tears away from her face, trying not to draw any attention to herself. She sniffled and coughed as she cried, trying to cool down her overheating body. She hadn't meant to start crying, she'd just been so overwhelmed the past few weeks. She didn't really like showing emotions in front of people, so she'd be lying if she said she wasn't not even a tad bit embarrassed. Although Maggie was the type to not really take things serious or show her care, she did feel bad. When a person who is normally headstrong and confident, it hits a different part of your heart to see them vulnerable.