Chapter Twenty Three: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐚.

All I'm gonna say is,

Y'all are gonna love this.

Sasha wiped the eye crush from her eyes as she used her unoccupied hand to type on her phone. It was early in the morning and she had just woke up. She was texting Marcy since they both didn't have school due to being suspended for two weeks. If I'm being honest, Sasha had thought of knocking that girl out. She was grateful she hadn't done it because she probably would've gotten expelled. She was surprised she even got suspension instead of being out of the school for good.

Anyways.

The text message read

Hey, you wanna come over?

Sasha placed her phone back down on her bed, patiently waiting for an answer but immediately picking it back up when she heard her phone buzz.

Please! I've been wanting to get out of here for the longest! My parents are being such douchebags right now!

Sasha sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes at the response.

Annoying ass parents these days. Just come over okay?

She then placed her phone down for the last time and got up from her bed and headed to the bathroom to go and brush her teeth. You know, the usual. You don't wanna have stinky morning breath around your crush do you?

Morning breath smells worse than regular bad breath.

Literal shit.

...

The blonde took a deep breath once she was finished with her shower. She opened the bathroom door and let all the steam out. Of course, her mother was no where to be seen. She wasn't even down stairs watching tv.

'She's drinking again.' Sasha frowned.

She was a little sad, but not very surprised.

Things always go back this way whenever she got a taste of what it was like to be truly happy.

Oh well, nothing ever lasts forever.

Sasha raised an eyebrow at the sound of the doorbell echoing throughout her ears. In a pair of comfy loose shorts and a cropped white tank top, she wrapped her towel her head to prevent water from dripping down her already dried body, strands of blonde hair still sticking out in front of her face.

She headed downstairs to the front door and she could see Marcy's physique through the blurry textured glass. She twisted the knob and pulled the door open to see her love with a big grin on her face. She was instantly jumped on with arms around her neck and she could feel herself being aggressively shook in the embrace.

"Sasha! I'm so happy to see you!" She nuzzled her face into Sasha's chest with her arms wrapped tightly around her neck.

Sasha blushed at bit at the sudden physical touch and smiled awkwardly as she returned the gesture. "I just saw you yesterday! Why so happy now?"

Marcy looked up at her, still hugging her, with a playful frown on her face. "Am I not allowed to be happy to see my best friend?"

The blonde shrugged and gave in. "I guess you have a point."

"Let's go upstairs before my mom comes down here and gives us her wrath. She doesn't like noisy mornings, it makes her head hurt."

Marcy asked as she followed her upstairs, "why's your mom always in her bathroom? The last time I've ever actually seen her face was years ago."

As bad as Sasha wanted to give her an explanation, she ignored the question. She didn't really want people in her business, even her close friends. Her lack of response made things awkward between the two, so they stayed in silence the whole way to her bedroom.