Chapter seventeen: 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

"You're sweating, when was the last time you checked your temperature?" Sasha mumbled, looking down at a feverish Marcy with her chest rising up and down with sweat all over her.

"nOoOoOoO..." She managed to get out through her scratchy voice.

She facepalmed and let out a hard sigh. "Dude, you're supposed to tell me when the last time you took your temperature was."

"yEsSsSsSsSsSsS..." She said weakly.

Once again she let out another hard sigh and then placed her hand on her forehead and was shocked at feeling of it.

"Dude you're burning up! I'm taking you to the bath."

"nOoOoOoOoOoOo pLeAsEeEeEE!!!"

"No Marcy, you have to take a bath. Staying in sweat all day is disgusting!" She rolled her eyes and carried her in bridal style as she whined and buried her face into the crook of her neck.

That day Marcy had gotten worse. Constant coughing and sneezing got so annoying to the point where it had woken up the two of her friends. Her dad wasn't home and was at work, so it was a good opportunity for them to stay home without an earful from her dad. And her mother was out somewhere, no idea where she was but she was somewhere.

The blonde placed the sick girl down onto the toilet seat once they reached the bathroom. She ran tub faucet and put a bit of body wash in there too so that the bubbles would form once the bathtub was fully filled to the top with lukewarm water.

The fever was so bad that when she fell asleep in her clothes with a bunch of blankets it led to shivering even though she wasn't even hot. She was very weak, she couldn't even get out of bed without falling to her knees because of the booming headache torturing her every second, so Sasha had to carry her whenever she had to use the bathroom or something.

The blonde looked down at her while she sat on the toilet seat and gently caressed her cheek, her voice sweet like honey when she asked, "do you need help?"

Marcy looked up at her while not saying anything at all, and Sasha could understand her expression very well. Basically what she was saying was, "I don't want you to see me naked."

Sasha caught onto what she was trying to say. "It's okay, I won't look." Which got a nod from Marcy in response.

She closed her eyes as she pulled off Marcy's shirt. She had Marcy take of the rest of her clothes like her bra and underwear, I don't even think I have to explain why.

You get the memo.

Sasha opened her eyes back up once she heard the sound of the water as Marcy stepped into the bathtub. There she could see her relaxed with her eyes closed, collarbone and shoulders only visible.

"Do you feel any better?" The blonde tilted her head.

No response

Sasha took her silence as a yes, chuckling and shaking her head. "I guess that's a yes." She rubbed her hair and gently caressed her cheek before she left the bathroom for Marcy to have her privacy.

...

Once Marcy had finished taking her little bath and getting dressed, she lazily flopped down on her bed without saying a word and put the layered blankets back on top of her.

Sasha groaned. "Ughhhhh...... come on Marce! That's exactly how you got sweaty and shivery last time!"

"No."

"BLANKETS!"

Marcy whined at the feeling of the weight of the blankets being taken off her and yearned for the feeling of it back. "This is for your own good nerd, you only need one."