Chapter Eight

A door bangs above us and I suddenly remember where we are. She pulls away from me, we are both panting her eyes are wide and I get the feeling she is just as stunned as I am with what just happened to us. "Holy shit Abi, you feel better than I could have ever imagined" reaching up to stroke her soft flushed cheek, relishing in having her legs still tightly wrapped around my waist.

With a blinding smile spread across her face she says, "not so bad yourself" that low seductive voice turning my brain to mush as she leans back in giving me a light peck on the lips.

The heavy footsteps of someone coming down the stairs causes Abi  to move back brushing her butt against my way too aroused dick. A devilish grin is planted on her face as she slides off me. Not a chance. I wrap my arms round her hips and flip her onto my lap pulling her back flush with my chest just as the door swings open. "Oh, sorry am I interrupting" a blush rises on Anna's face and I try to keep calm as the minx sitting on my lap slowly moves her ass up and down my dick.

"No, you're not, we just woke up. You might have let us know when you were going to bed" I give Abi's waist a tight squeeze my breath falters while she continues wriggling. Now I'm blushing too.

"You both looked so cute, we couldn't stand to wake you and I know you need the sleep" I narrow my eyes but Anna just averts her gaze. Little shit.

"Might have given us a blanket or something, you are not a very good host" I let out a small laugh but quickly clamp my jaw together to prevent a moan from escaping as heat radiates from my dick, ah fuck this is insane.

"I will go make us tea then. Try and improve my rating" she feigns anger and slips out the door.

 The second she is away I bury my head in Abigail's curls and growl "you need to stop that like now" her whole-body shakes with laughter "you're an actual menace" she turns her head to face me and then begins laughing so much that tears start rolling down her face and when I look perplexed, she simply says

"I forgot about your face." Fuck so did I.

"She is definitely going to have this couch fumigated once we leave" and I laugh with her. A real honest laugh and for a brief moment I feel weightless.

  Abi plants a kiss on my cheek at the same time as the door behind us opens and I'm certain that I can hear my sisters heart explode from here. "Aawww, you guys are so damn cute. I knew this would happen if I left you alone long enough" she giggles putting the tray on the table in front of us then handing me a towel with ice in it "for your face" they both laugh and I can tell I'm glowing red.

  Abigail turns around sitting back on my thighs, my arms instinctively encase her waist as she settles into me. I glance over to Anna who looks like she is about to combust and I honestly feel like I may do the same. I mouth "thank you" and she almost blinds me with her smile.

  Anna is talking about some show next month, but I'm hardly paying any attention unable to quite get over how natural it feels to have Abi in my arms, like we were both made to be right here together. I lean my head down and lightly kiss her shoulder enjoying the satisfaction of making goose bumps rise on her arms.

   A while later, Abigail excuses herself to get ready for work but not before giving me and Anna her number. I'm not sure how much I like the idea of them two being friends with the volume of embarrassing stories Anna has on me but it does give me some comfort knowing that Abi has someone nearby looking out for her.

  Once we are left alone Anna turns on the T.V but she isn't really watching it instead chewing the hell out of her nails, a nervous habit she has had since childhood. "Are you alright?"

  She turns to me like a dear caught in headlights "Yeah of course I am" she hasn't quite got her fake voice down and her gaze settles somewhere over the top of my head. Quickly Anna's eyes begin to fill with tears, she has never been good at hiding her emotions.

"Come here" I open my arms and Anna springs into them I rub her back while she gently whimpers into my chest.

"I know It's stupid to cry over a vase but..." a quiet sob consumes the rest of her words

"It was part of mum, I get it. Trust me, is it completely unsalvageable?" I keep my voice soft while continuing to lightly rub her back.

"Yeah, it's fucked" Anna sniffles tightening her arms around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry Sis, I know how much you loved that vase" she doesn't respond but continues to cry into me. There is nothing I hate more than Anna crying, I'm not sure if It's just because she is my little sister or if it's those sad little whimpers that could break the devil's heart but it's agonising. Thankfully I can hopefully help fix this particular problem even if I must use every penny to my name I will get her a replacement.

  When I finally arrive back home, I give Edward a call to let him know I will be taking a second week off and the joy in his voice confirms that it was clearly the right decision. I do feel slightly guilty as the only reason that really take it is in hope that I can spend more time with Abi, I have to keep reminding myself that it's what he told me to do after all.

  Shooting Abigail a quick message I ask when she is free for a date, but when the response is, only free on Wednesday. I feel deflated and it sits heavy in my stomach. Quickly spawning a seed of worry that sprouts in my chest.

   We made out like once and I'm already getting this attached, maybe it's for the best that she is busy this week, her warmth is far too infectious and I can't risk her getting caught up in all my bullshit when she clearly has something going on as well.

  I have gotten so distracted by Abigail I almost forgot what awaits me at night.

 Due to this sudden realisation that an addictive green eyed woman has somehow crawled under my skin, I lied letting her know was busy on Wednesday. 

  We still end up spending the next few days texting almost constantly which just increases my infatuation with the beautiful Abigail.

  By Thursday I have spent more hours in the gym than bed. Exhaustion takes hold a lot quicker than I initially hoped, turning my brain into an unfocused clumsy mess.

  The temptation to resort to my usual means just to get some quiet in my head takes over and I spend Friday and Saturday in an emotionally dulled haze. All the time wishing Abigail was curled up next to me like she was a week ago. The distance isn't helping I'm already past saving.