Chapter Twenty- Eight

It submerges me completely pushing us toward the shore, we are probably under for two seconds maximum, but it is all it takes for the panic attack I have been fighting off to take full control.

   We are both coughing, the taste of salt water is making me gag, I frantically drag us back until the water is only at my ankles. My whole-body trembles as I lose complete control over my breathing but it's when tears start escaping me that I drop my head into Abigail's shoulder attempting to piece myself back together.

  Abi anchors herself to my chest rubbing my back slowly she whispers in my ear "You are okay, you are safe, we are okay, we are safe." my numb arms finally move around her and can't hide my irritation when Abigail's usual honey scent is gone replaced by salt and seaweed.

  It takes me a while to finally start to calm down and when I do, I'm completely drained. "Sorry for the meltdown" Attempting to keep my tone playful but its painfully strained.

  "Don't you dare apologise for that, you faced your trauma today, you should be so proud of yourself" Our lips meet softly, it feels like I'm being revived from the dead.

  "Thank you" keeping her close to me, we remain in silence until I start to feel human again. When I eventually do, I gaze into her beautiful wide eyes, Abigail relaxes on my thighs a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. The way the sun lights Abi's face accentuates her high cheekbones and full lips, she truly is stunning.

  "Why didn't you tell me that you weren't OK with going to the beach?" she doesn't sound angry, maybe a little disappointed but not mad.

"I don't know you were excited, I thought I could deal with it," closing my eyes adding "my mum loved the ocean so much I owe it to her to at least try to get past this but it's fucking hard Abigail. I was completely losing it and the water wasn't that high on you, even now just hearing the waves makes me feel physically sick" It's strange to be so honest with someone after so many years of half-truths.

  Abigail's hands squeeze my shoulders twice before she speaks "Alex we are a team now you need to tell me these things so we can face them together. Today could have gone totally differently. We could have taken it slow worked our way to the water instead of you just letting me march you right into a panic attack. Please stop keeping things from me I want to help."

  The sincerity in her voice crumbles the last of my walls and I nod "okay... I'm sorry... I'll be honest from now on. I didn't mean to upset you. I'm really sorry Abigail." is what I say but I honestly think that throwing me into the deep end today was the best course of action.

  Knowing my past behaviours I would just have chickened out and we wouldn't have even got to the water never mind my entire legs being submerged. I still have no desire to be anywhere near the ocean but the mere thought of it doesn't inflict the same instant revulsion it had before today.

  "You apologise too much Alex, just don't do this again please."

  Her pleading tone fires another apology to my lips, but I swallow it opting instead for "I love you Abigail thank you for everything today and since we first met you have irrevocably changed me for the better. Thank you."

  Abi grins wonderfully "I love you too Alexander, thanks for jumping that fence you've changed my life wonderfully as well" the sun is practically making her shine on my lap. I have no idea how I got this lucky to have such an incredible woman love me, I beg any deity listening to not take her away from me ever.

 I gently push my lips to hers before asking "what is your favourite colour?"

 She raises an eyebrow "red, you?"

"Green" I whisper into her ear, pulling back I watch her try and fail to control a huge grin.

"Is this a new favourite colour?" she muses

"Yes" I bring my mouth to her earlobe lightly biting, "how is the butt"

"The butt will survive; you will just have to be gentle with me tonight" I can't help but laugh. My love for her is overwhelming.

"I can't make any promises, you drive me wild" I murmur pulling her bottom lip between my teeth.

"Ah!... Alex" she breathes hard against my nose "we are in public" I gently bite her shoulder "Alex stop or we are going to get arrested for indecent exposure 'cause I'm not about to stop this" Abigail pants moving her head so I have better access to her neck.

   I was just teasing fully expecting her to stop me but now I honestly feel like I might rip this bikini off her any second. I'm constantly turned on around her but that incredible desperate lust flips on so quickly it always catches me off guard.

  Sliding my hands slowly up the side of her body, when my thumbs rub over her bikini top, she moans right into my ear. I'm actually losing my shit, planting my hands under her arm pits, yanking us both to our feet.

   We have sat here so long that one of my legs has gone numb. I quickly try to shake the blood back into it. Pulling our faces close together and whispering "We are going back to the house, and I'm not letting go of you for the rest of the day" she abruptly pushes our lips together before gliding toward Anna and Thomas giving me a perfect view of her beautiful little ass. I shake my head following her.

  Abigail is jumping into her shorts when I arrive, "We are going back to the house, we'll see you later" I pick up Abi's bag while slinging my arm around her shoulders.

  Anna loudly shouts "Don't tire yourselves out too much, dinner is booked for eight." I flip her off as she cackles from behind me.

  We continue toward the car and the terrifying driver who stands ominously in front of it eyeing us suspiciously. "Are you alright to take us back? It's fine if you can't we will just get a taxi."

 "I can take you but no fucking in the car" his thick Texan accent only adds to how intimidating he is. Abigail badly stifles a laugh next to me.

  Placing my hand over my heart, "I promise we will behave... until we get to the house" The corner of his mouth flicks up before he turns opening the back door for us. We jump in leaving the middle seat empty between us, with only our hands touching, the drive back is excruciating.

   As soon as the car stops, I'm out and swinging Abigail's door open. She offers me her hand but I ignore it in order to wrap my arms around her waist and flip her over my shoulder. I shout a quick "thanks for the lift" before walking into the house. 

  Abigail's giggling echos throughout the house and I'm convinced that an angel wouldn't sound as perfect.

  I slither one of my hands up her thigh cupping and squeezing her ass before continuing to her back for support while I gently drop her to the bed. No human alive could resist the seductive look on her face.

   Moving above her I wait for a second treasuring those captivating eyes that have had me hooked since that first day. Apparently; I am too slow as Abi slams her lips into mine fingers entangling into my hair. My hands roam her body her normally smooth back is peppered with sand.

  I tug on the tie securing her top and her breasts slide free. One hand kneads her chest while my other goes south to unbutton her shorts, my face is released and I let my tongue snake from her neck down the middle of her chest, she tastes like salt.

   Keeping going down till I'm on my knees before her, our eyes meet while I pull her shorts off and throw them behind me. Sliding my tongue from her knee to thigh she moans deep and  goddamn if it's not the most seductive sound.

 My tongue rolls up the edge of her bottoms getting a "oh fuck!" out of her. Wrapping my teeth around one of the ties I pull back until it unfurls. I lean into the other one but her hands spring up to my face pushing me back.

  I lean back on my knees giving her space as she slides off the bed. "If you are going to do that, I'm going to have a shower first" my horny brain is struggling to function as I lustfully watch her untie the other side of her bottoms letting them, drop to the floor. She smiles devilishly as she turns to the bathroom. When I make no attempt to move, she glances over her shoulder and purrs, "care to join me."

  Holy shit this woman is trying to kill me.