Chapter 43

Sometimes we tell lies to ourself in hopes they become thruths🫶

8 months later...

Eight months ago Charles died in front of my eyes and eight months since I was happy or I could say six months ago.

243 days since I talked to Charles
243 days since I said 'I love you' to Charles
243 days since I kissed Charles
243 days since I was able to talk properly to people.
243 days since I smelled Charles' scent
243 days since I was able to look or talk to any member of the Alessi family.

"Alice Ferrari. You have a visitor" the guardian says as she opens my cell door.

I take a sharp breath and get up from my bed that I share with a woman in her mid-twenties, I take my cardigan.

"Is it him again?" Ambra asks from her bunk bed. She was too sweet to give me the under bunk bed.

She was Albanian woman, who got sentenced for smuggling drugs. She looked from the outside a harsh but from the inside she was a sweetheart.

"Yes, I hope his last time." I say slipping into my slippers.

"Why? He did everything for you" she sits up
"He has a family and I don't" I say before leaving.

I walk with the guardian towards the conjugal, woman who are sitting in the cafeteria looking at me, knowing why I'm here and how dirty work I did. The last name I carry as well.

"You have thirty minutes" I nod and open the door.

Kai getting up straight after I walked through the door. "Alice"

"Kai" I say dryly.He hugs me like always. I sit on the chair opposite of him.

"How are you?" He asks concerned. "And the baby" he looks at my stomach which was a balloon.

"Miserable" I say simply
"Why?"

I was 8 month pregnant with Charles child. The baby who doesn't even have a father and soon enough not a mother who doesn't have any right to have the baby with her.

"Because my baby is going to be taken away as soon he or she's out" I huff as I tear up.

A disadvantage been pregnant is the emotional wreck and my cravings that I couldn't full fill since I'm in jail.

"If the baby is out. She or he is going to be in good hands, and besides Eliza and Milan are trying to get enough evidence to convince the judge. No one in the family is blaming you."

"How is Stella?" I ask wanting to know how she was every single week.

"The same. Trying to be okay while she is a emotional wreck and still trying to run away."

No one knew about my pregnancy. Only Kai and Luzia since they were the people that were not going to kill me and my baby.

"How's the rest?"

"Mourning over their brothers dead and your situation. But Lorenzo is the worst from the family, he almost called off the engagement because Luzia did something wrong and talked back. Lorenzo is all over the place. They don't talk to each for the past 2 months."

Ouch.

They don't deserve this kind of pain. It was late to realise what was going to happen to their brother.

"No one knows right?"
"No one knows" he smiles at me.

Flashback

The doctor confirmed yesterday that I was pregnant, I've been having the symptoms since the last month.

I asked Kai over the phone to bring luzia with him this time. I didn't tell him about it. Scared what his reaction will be, I needed someone that I trusted.

But other than that I was happy for the first time in two months.

"Alice" Luzia says as she hugs me.
"Luzia" I hug her back. "Sit, I need to tell something"

They expressions turned into concerned. "What happened?"

"I'm pregnant" I confess. "I know bad timing and it's Charles'"

Their face lift

"Congratulations" luzia says taking my hand.
"No one can know about it," I say scared that they will take the baby and kill me.

Kai frowns "Why?"
"I killed their son, Kai" I deadpan

I know for slight fact that they will eventually take the baby straight after it's born and give it to the Alessi's.

"We had this conversation, you didn't kill him"

I close my eyes for a brief moment trying to hold my tears.

"Even Layla can't know" I say to Kai.
"Alright I'll bribe the prison to keep their mouth shut" Kai claps slightly.

"How much?" I ask since I want to pay him every penny he paid for me these last months.

"No" he simply says "I know why you're asking it and I do it because I care. It just money."

They get up ready to leave since our time was over.

"See you in two weeks?" Kai say as I nod.

"Bye"

_____

"My due is coming closer how are Eliza and Milan gonna find something to get me out off this place" I fiddle with my cardigan.

"We are close hold on a little" I offer him a smile.

"Ferrari, times up" the guardian comes inside.

I stand up sighing. "Look at my nephew or niece good" he says before disappearing.

I go back to the hall where everyone was seated it was already dinner. Ambra waves at me to come to sit with her.

I take my plate from the dining area, I had a advantage from being pregnant so now my portions were bigger than the other.

I sit on the opposite side of her as I push my plate in the middle. "Let's eat" I say picking my fork.

"Alice, you need this more than I do. You are feeding two souls not one" Ambra pushes the plate back to me.

I pick up some rice from my plate, tomorrow wouldn't be better then today.

"What do you plan doing after you get out of here" Ambra says

I shrug my shoulders. "Probably never and if I do. I'd like to take my child and start a new life somewhere else."

If I get out I'm never looking back.