Chapter 63

Why am I here?

Why am I here?

All the leaders are looking at me, after years I sit on the chair I was seated with Charles but now I'm on my own.

The high table.

I don't know why I'm here? But my guess would be about how I was the last person that saw Charles alive.

What am I going to answer? I don't know my boyfriend came visiting our daughter in the middle of the night.

All the tables was in a U-shape Every don was here and including Luzia. She wasn't the Donna of the Portuguese mafia but attended every single meeting in the high table.

She let Lorenzo do all the work while she joined the occasions and important meetings. Love it.

Milo's best friend Lucas took officially the Norwegian mafia a year ago. He changed, he looked more emotionless in front of everyone but with the kids he was a whole different person.

Lena and the other jury's were sitting next to each other in front of us, I was the only one in my row. I see for the first time in years Li, he looked with sympathy to me while Lorenzo, Luzia and Alessandro send him daggers.

Ilana told me yesterday that they broke up a few months ago, but I never asked the reason,They seemed happy in their relationship.

The rest stayed home not wanting to come and besides it was a win win situation for them to spend time with Sofia.

"Good afternoon everyone" An elderly men says. "I'd like to start with the meeting. We are here because of the murdering of Charles Leonardo Alessi and Emilio Laurent de Leon"

I knew it.

They added Laurent after Emilio's name. Dang is it that bad? My title was taken away after the accusations from the murder.

"Next month is the 4 years death mark of Charles Leonardo Alessi and Emilio Laurent de Leon one week" Lena says. "We all assumed years ago that Alice Ferrari was the killer and we took the title of her"

They knew Emilio was killed last week and Lorenzo told me to not worry about it. The high table confirmed his death with DNA samples. Hopefully they don't say that Charles might be alive

"I want to take over Mafia again" I speak, all heads turn to me, some of them were smiling other confused. "I'm innocent and someone has to take it after all"

The dons began rapidly speak to each other.

'She can't have it'
'First Santos and now she again'
'It is time for her to clean the mess Pierre left years ago'
'We need eventually see a woman as a leader, sooner or later.'

"Don't worry you have my vote" luzia squeezes my hand. She was sitting not too far from me. "And Lorenzo's. Right Lorenzo?" She elbows him. His head snaps to her like something happened to her. "Of course"

"Keep it quiet please" the jury yells and everyone stops with speaking. "Why do you want it Alice, after all this years?"

"It will be honour for my mother and besides no one is left in the bloodline off the Laurents except me, my sister and daughter" I say the last part in a whisper.

Lena clears her throat. "Recently we've found out that Pierre has a brother in law but we keep him anonymous for his own safety. He doesn't want anything to do with mafia world any more" everyone gasps.

"My father and the Italians were accused for decades for the murderer off my grandmother and mother. This is going for decades not months but decades" I speak everyone lowers their voices and turns their head to me. "And now my daughter's father is killed. Who got blamed? No one but me"

"Emilio faked his death the first time in order to kill his own brother to put the blame on me but then months later he killed my boyfriend. But years later he kidnapped and drugged a member of the Alessi's. he deserved the death. Emilio Laurent de Leon deserved to die" I add

"And yes I admit I killed Enrique de Leon but I was heavily influenced by morfine"

I looked over Elias, he just had a sympathy smile.

"Do you confirm this Elias?" One of the four jury members asks.

"Yes I confirm, Charles told us everything as he brought Enrique his dead body back to us."

There was a dead silent.

"Let's get to the voting. Who wants Alice Ferrari to take the throne over the French mafia after it was ripped off years ago? Raise your hand if you want it." Lena says

'The Italians'
'The Portuguese'
'The Swedish'
'The Norwegian'
'The Spanish'
'The Chinese'
'The Turkish'
'The Mexicans'
'The Albanians'

I had at least 9 mafia's on my side. That was a lot, even I lost 4 of them.

I kind of did it

"Have a nice day" the jury speaks and leaves the meeting room. When I was about to go back to the rest. Li stopped me.

"Alice" he spoke making his way to me
"Li" I say

I look behind to see the holy three looking at us weird.

"It's been uhm a while. How are you?" Li asks
"Good, what about you? I've heard you two broke up" he scratches his head.

"I betrayed her" my smile fades "I try to win her back but I can't"

Li betraying Ilana? Fuck no!

"Then don't do it" I say turning away and make my to the group.

"Hello" I say hugging Alessandro
"You did it!"

"ja jag gjorde" I say pulling away from the hug
(Yes I did)

I hope I'll be able to make this happen