Chapter 52

We're going get trough it, this is temporary🪐

This fucking days have been exhausting me and the rest of the family

"Landon and Deniz stop running." Milo says as he chases them. "No!" They yell.

Little shits. Landon was just like Milo but worse. Deniz was calm but when they were together, they are rapid animals.

And besides it was eight in the morning, everyone left the house except me, Milo, Stella and Mother. Mother looked after the children when everyone was at work or school.

Milo and Stella had to leave for school in a few minutes. Stella was studying Industrial Engineer while Milo was studying Business and management.

Charles helped us with that when he was still alive. But now we overworked every week and Milo did a favour by choosing it. He always dreamed to study architecture.

"Milo, we're going to be late to class" Stella yells while putting her laptop in her bag.

"Yeah wait I want my kiss from the kids" Milo says exhausted.

We moved on from everything. From Charles' death and Alice. Sometimes I had the urge to look for her and talk to her. And bring her back to house.

I wore most of the time his clothes. And today I chose to wear his watch, I go to his room. We didn't change it, we left the room in the exact position he left that morning.

But when I enter the room clothes were spread across the room, I was the only person that entered this room? Sometimes Lorenzo or Milan but they wouldn't leave it like this?

I go further when I see a note on his nightstand, where most of his important stuff were.

Use it good,Enzo :)

What the fuck is this?

"Mom" I yell
"What do you want again Enzo"

I go back downstairs with the note in my hand, the kids were playing with their car. Mom just came out of the kitchen, she was baking her famous cookies every single week.

"Who left this note?" She takes it from me and reads it "His clothes were spread across the room"

She looks at me frowned, Ilana comes behind her. "What's going on?"

My twin looks over her shoulder "Oh my god, that's why I heard that noises this night"

I frown "what do you mean?"

"I woke up in middle of the night from noises and when I opened the door. I saw a shadow I just assumed it was Milo but now that you say" she explains.

Charles is death.

"Maybe it was him?" Ilana says.
"Ilana shut it" Mom hisses. "He died" trying to hold her tears.

Mother was the biggest mess during the first period of his death after months. She accepted it.

"I said what I said" she shrugs.

___________

We were in eating dinner like usual with Kai. He looked stressed and was checking his phone once in a while, he didn't do this usually but I let him do what he wants.

"Kai were you last night here, in Charles' room?" Mom asks him.

He narrows his eyebrows. "No, I was at home the whole day. Why?"

"Ilana saw yesterday someone leaving his room and Enzo got welcomed in his room with a note and clothes were spread across the room. I thought it was you since you used to come here unexpectedly?" Mom says.

The room fell silent everyone looking at each other. Not wanting saying that he might be alive.

Luzia looks at Lorenzo in question.

"Maybe it was Alice?" Stella says like not even caring. Stella always wanted to talk Alice but when Alice was gone, she accepted it.

She didn't felt rage towards Alice cause deep down she knew she had a reason to leave.

"I haven't talked to her since that week in the prison" Kai says.

"Or maybe he might be alive?" I say simply.
"Shut up Enzo, he's dead. We buried him." Milan snaps back as he drops his fork.

Landon looks at him confused but Eliza continues feeding him.

"Don't you realise that we get little notes around the house or the office"

He shakes his head "You're fucking delusional to think that he's alive"

"Or not" Kai says now everyone was silent and looks at him. "What do you mean Kai?" Lorenzo asks.

Kai closes his eyes for a brief moment and opens it again, he turns to luzia and Layla. Layla squeezes his hand for what.

"Sofia was saying the same thing weeks ago" Kai says.

Who is Sofia?

"Who?" Lorenzo says in a obvious tone.
"Charles' daughter" Kai responds.

Questions drops like a bomb into the dining table.

"What do you mean Charles daughter?"
"Does he has a child?"
"Where is she?"
"What did she say?"

I had a niece for god knows how long.

"I'll explain" Kai interrupts us. Mother began to cry as Sandro remained silent, he joined later.

"She is his daughter and Alice's. When I told you that I spoke to her last in jail was lie, I've been going to them every two week." He pauses. Everyone seemed shocked by his statement, for his child or the lying part.

"Continue" Lorenzo asks impatiently as he wanted to know what was going to happen in a second

"She was born the day Alice got released from prison. She didn't had the courage to say that she was carrying your nieces and granddaughter. After that she moved to Marseille to her fathers old apartment"

He pauses.

"Everything was going okay until Sofia had a bracelet around her wrist, whom Charles was. He had the same bracelet on the day he died. Alice lost her mind when she saw it, she kept asking Sofia from where she got that. Sof told her that Charles came to her, when everyone was sleeping. And that Charles was reading a book for her."

He continued while we were confused.

"Apparently Alice heard noises during the night. And Sofia's window was wide open, someone had the chance to get inside and kidnap her. The CTC were for the most part deleted only when he slipped away but we couldn't see a face."

"And" Stella asks.

"Either someone wanted to kidnap Sofia or Charles was alive."

"Who knew about Sofia?" Milan asks looking at all of us.

Layla, Kai and surprisingly Luzia's hand is in the air. "I've brought her to the world soo" luzia says as she shrugs her shoulder.

Lorenzo frowns at her. "Why didn't you tell me about my niece?"

"Because we weren't together anymore" luzia says in an obvious way. Lorenzo mutters something to her while luzia rolls her eyes.

"I wanted to tell but Alice was too scared that you would kill her and take her daughter away" Kai adds

Mother scoffs "If she still thinks that we blame her and take her child from her."

"Where are they?" Sandro asks.
"Marseille"