02 | Into Kamino

-= Tipoca City, Kamino =-

22 BBY, Month 4

Rylann

Rylann tossed her lone bag and saber onto the small bed in the sterile room on Kamino, mentally griping about how stupid this was

Rylann tossed her lone bag and saber onto the small bed in the sterile room on Kamino, mentally griping about how stupid this was. She was doomed to the indoors on this sunless, rain-drenched planet.

Sitting on the stiff cot, Ry pulled out the large hair tie that held all of her long braids together, undoing every one. It got too heavy from the rain and Ry desperately needed a shower and a haircut. Shaak Ti said that long hair added an element of grace and respect in many cultures. But that only made Ry want to cut it more. As soon as I pass the trials, I'll cut it all off, Rylann thought in determination.

After a few minutes, she let her now curly hair, brushing her fingers through the small tangles. The release of the weight from the many braids alleviated her scalp. At least she had her own fresher. She heard stories of clones sharing one and the thought of it made her shudder.

Ry stood up, walking across the room to examine the datapad attached to the wall by the door. It was a schedule. Could she ever escape the routine and be able to make her own decisions? Maybe when she became a knight. Maybe she could leave the Order. She shook her head. They wouldn't allow it though. Besides, she couldn't leave Ahsoka.

With a huff and a growl of annoyance, Rylann kicked the wall near the door in frustration. That didn't alleviate her anger so she did it again. And again and again, but it grew softer as she lost heart and she ended up leaning against the wall.

She regretted joining the jedi—not that she had a choice. They took her from her home on Genetia when she was just two. No two year old would be able to rationalize a decision that changed their whole life.

With a weathered sigh, she slid down the wall, pulling her legs to her chest to stifle a sob. Why did life have to be this way?

Something hit the other side of the wall behind her. Then again and again. It was a pattern. Was someone mimicking her kicks? Someone heard that? Her face flushed as she flew to her feet, running to the door. She opened it with a wave of her hand, glancing out into the hallway. No one was there. Just a few clone troopers walking by.

Ry frowned, brushing her long, quite messy hair from her face before taking a step back into her room to her refresher. According to her schedule, mess hall for the special personnel was in an hour and she wanted to tame her mane before then.

【 ⌖ 】