68 | How To Almost Die Three Times, A Crash Course With Rylann

21 BBY, Month 8

Shaak Ti sat in the call with Senator Pro'oz, her mood dropping to an all time low

Shaak Ti sat in the call with Senator Pro'oz, her mood dropping to an all time low. All of these business meetings and still nothing was getting done. Hestia Pro'oz's daughter was doing her best to solve the clone aging mystery but was stuck at a wall without DNA samples of Jango Fett. Having the altered DNA from Giggles helped but without knowing what was changed from the donor, it would be impossible to move forward.

"Are you certain that finding this DNA is the only way?" Shaak Ti asked, leaning back into her chair, tapping her pen on the desk.

Hestia Pro'oz nodded, leaning forward on her desk as the holocall flickered. "It's the only thing at the moment." Hestia frowned. "I know that I've asked before, but are you certain that the Kaminoans would let us look into it?"

Shaak Ti shook her head. "I know them. They are protective of their work." She paused, scribbling out a note she made previously. "We could try to locate his son, Boba."

"But he would only have half the DNA, wouldn't he?"

"He's a clone—the only direct clone," Shaak Ti explained, writing down notes to ask the Council if they know where Boba could be.

Hestia leaned forward, her eyes lighting up excitedly. "He doesn't age?"

"Exactly."

Hestia nodded slowly. "That could work. But where is he?"

Shaak Ti shrugged. "That's the big question. After Jango was killed, he ran."

"At least we have a direction to go since the Kaminoans are tight-lipped," the senator said, pulling together her papers. "I think that this should adjourn the meeting."

Shaak Ti nodded, watching the woman carefully. She could tell by the hesitance from Hestia that she was waiting for something. Shaak Ti leaned in. "Joseta is fine."

Hestia's shoulders relaxed. "Oh, good." She bit her lip in thought before meeting Shaak Ti's gaze. "When will she be done with these 'secret' missions."

"We don't know," Shaak Ti said. "She is making great headway in gathering intel on Death Watch cells as well as gathering the resources we need without bringing it to light." Shaak Ti noted the dampening of Hestia's mood. "You'd be proud of her."

Hestia just nodded. "I thought that she'd be able to be home more to be with Alann, Sella, and Granny Mai."

Shaak Ti's heart went out to the mother. "After this mission, I am sure she will have time to visit her family, but she has yet to request leave."

"Thank you for seeing her worth, General Ti," Hestia said with a sad smile. "Let's just hope she helps us end this war soon."

"I concur. Good evening."

And the call ended.

Shaak Ti sighed, leaning back into her chair as she rubbed her eyes. So many loose-ends. The war had been going on for almost two years and everyone was reaching their limit.