64 | Oh, How The Tides Had Turned

22 BBY, Month 10

Hunter

Joseta was enraptured by the music, and Hunter couldn't take his eyes off of her

Joseta was enraptured by the music, and Hunter couldn't take his eyes off of her. Her dance moves were nothing like he had seen before. Sometimes she threw her arms around but sometimes she just stood there bobbing her head. But it was dynamic and all over the place. Hunter loved it.

Hunter cleared his throat, tapping his foot as he waited patiently for Joseta to stop doing some mash-up of the running man and the chicken dance.

Joseta's head snapped towards him, her eyes bugging. She looked over his shoulder, presumably at Rex and Hunter felt her heart slow after a moment.

Joseta met his eyes, licking her lips as her heart rate spiked again. "I'm guessing you apologized to Captain Rex?"

Oh, so it's Captain now? Not just Rex like before?

"Yeah, I did," he grunted out, tapping his fingers on his crossed arms. "He was surprisingly understanding."

Joseta smiled, glancing over his shoulder again. "Yes, he is. A great leader." She looked up at him, tapping her fingers together in front of her. "So..." she gestured to him. "Um..."

"I was wondering if you'd like to dance with me?" Hunter blurted out, clenching his jaw to steel himself to an answer he expected.

Joseta blinked, and Hunter felt her heart race again. "Oh. I mean, sure." She looked down. "I am just surprised."

Hunter fought the smile that begged to grin. "Why are you so surprised?"

"You're the first person to ask me that."

"Then everyone else is stupid," he found himself saying.

Joseta's cheeks turned bright red as she met his eyes. A sad look crossed her face. Hunter's heart plummeted. Though wasn't looking over his shoulder at Rex, Hunter knew she was thinking of the captain. He just knew it.

Joseta's jaw set and a determination glinted across her vision. "Let's do it," she said, pulling him by his arm deeper into the dance floor. "Show me what you've got, Bandana Boy."

Hunter's gut fluttered as he cleared his throat. "You first, Sergeant Pro."

Joseta sent him a broad smile, gesturing to herself. "I mean, I am a pro-dancer if you can't tell." And she proceeded to dab and do the stanky leg at the same time.

Hunter shook his head. "You are something, that's for sure."

A warm smile crossed Joseta's face. "Thank you, kind sir," she said, bowing magnanimously. She started bopping her head, dancing along to another song. She squatted, doing some martial arts attack with her hand, beckoning him with her fingers. . "Are you going to dance or what?"