15 | Confrontation

22 BBY, Month 6

Rylann

Rylann luckily avoided her master at lunch but only because Shaak Ti was absent

Rylann luckily avoided her master at lunch but only because Shaak Ti was absent. She must be resting in her room, Rylann thought, chewing her noodles absentmindedly. 

"Credit for your thoughts?" Crosshair said, looking at her quizzically.

She looked down at her food, stirring it for no reason. "I felt Shaak Ti's presence enter the city." Crosshair looked guilty for a second before straightening his face. Rylann's jaw dropped. "So you did see her!"

He furrowed his brows, jaw clenching. "I was asked not to tell."

"For someone who puts a wall around their feelings you really wear it well," Rylann teased before sighing and setting down her fork. She ran her hands through her hair. "I guess it was inevitable anyway. She saw us training?"

Crosshair just nodded.

"What'll she do?" Wrecker asked, slurping a noodle up as it slapped against his face.

"Probably just talk me out of it and verbally reprimand me," Rylann answered with a shrug, pushing her food back. "Well, as I am no longer hungry, I must face my master." She got up and started to take her plate to the bins.

"Good luck," Crosshair called after her.

Rylann shot him a smirk as she looked back over her shoulder. "I don't believe in luck."

【 ⌖ 】

Rylann could feel Shaak Ti before she knocked on the door. Shaak Ti must have been in one of her contemplative moods because there were a lot of unfiltered feelings rolling through the door and into the hallway.

Ry knocked three times, stepping back to allow for space in case Shaak Ti came to the door. Instead she heard a muffled, "come in," which Rylann obeyed immediately. Upon entering the room, Rylann noticed the unpacked bags thrown on the couch and her master sprawled across the loveseat.

Shaak Ti peeked her eyes open, letting out a sigh as she sat up straight, fighting off a yawn. "So, you already know."

"You know, too," Rylann said, defenses rising within her. "Here comes the part where you tell me that I need to remove myself from the Batch and focus on training the 'Jedi Way,' right?"

"On the contrary," Shaak Ti stated, rising to her feet as she tiredly shuffled over to the kitchen, the tea kettle whistling from the stove. "Tea?"

Rylann paused before nodding. "Yes, please."

All was quiet as Shaak Ti poured her freshly brewed tea into the mugs, handing one to Rylann who still stood by the door. "Would you like to sit?"

Rylann just shrugged. Better than standing. Shaak Ti sat at the loveseat across from Rylann who sat on the couch. There were a few moments of silence before Rylann couldn't take it anymore. "So, the training. Thoughts?"