14 | Project Conduit

A/N: Firstly, WOW. I've been getting a lot of support on this story and to my surprise, this fun side project is doing better than my main account's stories (of a different genre entirely). BUT, I just wanted to say thank you for the support! I'm #5 in the Tech tag and this isn't even a Tech x OC story, haha. 

And secondly, the song I chose, if you could listen to it, that would be awesome. It's one of my favorite instrumentals of all time and Tony Anderson, the composer, created some of my favorite music in multiple genres. So, listen on it's own or while you read, but this song is so beautiful. *cries*

And this part is dedicated to

Ssmith_2005611

Because they figured out that Shaak Ti's POV is coming up. 

...........................................

22 BBY, Month 6

Rylann

Rylann had felt the familiar presence of her master after she finished the training round with Hunter, Tech, and Wrecker, but she couldn't tell where Shaak Ti was

Rylann had felt the familiar presence of her master after she finished the training round with Hunter, Tech, and Wrecker, but she couldn't tell where Shaak Ti was. Depending on her master's mood, Rylann had sometimes felt Shaak Ti all the way across the Jedi Temple, but other times not even until her master popped up behind her, scaring her into oblivion.

Rylann hoped that Shaak Ti was not in the near vicinity, else she knew she'd have a lot of explaining to do. Rylann was not in the mood for a lecture about protocol and responsibility.

The door to the training room slid open, revealing Crosshair taking a swig of his water bottle. He wouldn't meet her gaze which filled Rylann with dread like a bucket under water. Did he run into Shaak Ti? Why else would he have taken so long filling up his bottle.

"What took you so long, Gramps?" Rylann asked, hoping he'd give some sign that he did or didn't run into her master.

Still drinking his water, he lifted a tablet in the air before wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "Got a delivery," Crosshair replied, handing it to Rylann who took it gratefully.

"It must be Brodes' designs," Rylann muttered, fingers flying across the tablet to pull up the designs. The first was Wrecker's armor design and she was pleasantly surprised. The dark colors with the red definitely gave them "Bad Batch" vibes. Wrecker's helmet also had a skull on it with a red "99" insignia on the forehead. She grinned when she looked at it. "Cross, you'll be pleased." Rylann glanced up at him, a grin spreading across her cheeks. "Brodes went with the skull idea you came up with."

Crosshair's face lit up as he leaned over her shoulder to get a look, his breath tickling her ear. "That actually looks good."

"See? I told you the reg would do fine," she said, turning her head to face him only to be practically nose to nose. Blushing, Rylann took a step back, bumping into Wrecker. "Hey, bud, wanna see yours?" She lifted the tablet, focusing on Wrecker's excited comments to distract herself.