63 | Get A Kriffing Coaster

22 BBY, Month 10

Crosshair

Crosshair watched Rylann and Joseta dance their hearts away on the floor

Crosshair watched Rylann and Joseta dance their hearts away on the floor. His heart swelled when looking at his girlfriend. She had grown a lot since he first met her—well, so did he. He found that he wanted to change for the better. Because of her. For her.

Hunter shifted uncomfortably in his seat across from Crosshair, twisting his glass on the table, moving the condensation that was forming on the table.

"Get a kriffing coaster, Hunter," Crosshair muttered, kicking his brother's shin under the table. "You're going to ruin the table."

"You can't ruin this coating, Cross," Hunter said, rapping his knuckles on the hard surface.

Crosshair picked up his drink and his own coaster, holding it up. "Then why are they handing out the coasters, smart guy?"

"Can you guys stop fighting?" Wrecker asked, leaning back as the booth creaked beneath him. "It's really getting annoying."

Crosshair gulped down some of his drink. "Maybe tell him to get out of his funk."

Hunter leaned forward, pointing an accusing finger at him. "Maybe you should get out of your funk."

Crosshair slammed his glass down, nostrils flaring. "I'm not the one who ruined the evening because I was jealous. You were."

Hunter scoffed, averting his eyes. "Jealous of what?"

Crosshair put it as plainly as he could, placing his toothpick between his teeth. "Rex and Joseta."

"Why would I be jealous?" Hunter said, shaking his head. "They are friends and we are friends."

"Maybe not anymore."

Hunter's eyes shot like fire. "Crosshair, don't even go there."

"Yeah, Cross," Wrecker said, gulping. "He looks like he's gonna rip your head off."

Crosshair took his toothpick from his mouth, leaning forward. "Try me," he said, flicking the toothpick at Hunter who swatted it away.

Hunter stood up. "I'm going to find Tech," Hunter grumbled, stomping off.

"Other way," Crosshair said, nodding in the opposite direction. "He's hacking the arcade machines."

Hunter glared at Crosshair, turning on his heel to go sulk by Tech.

Crosshair pursed his lips. Hunter would always run to Tech for his ego to be boosted. They were always close growing up, being the two "oldest." Crosshair, the youngest, always longed for that relationship with his older brothers, but it never happened. It wasn't like his attitude helped at all. What would Rylann want him to do? She'd say "Stop being a jerk, Cross. It doesn't look good on you."