57 | Worst-Case Scenario

22 BBY, Month 10

Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti was in a forest blanketed in snow

Shaak Ti was in a forest blanketed in snow. She saw Rylann fighting off blaster bolts but then from behind Shaak Ti, a bolt shot Rylann in the leg, sending her over the cliff. Shaak Ti rushed over to the cliff side, watching as Rylann's body lay still on the ground, blood painting the snow around her head. Hunter was at her side, checking her pulse, relief sagging his shoulders. He looked up and met her eyes. She heard the cry of a baby echo over and over until her ears rang.

Shaak Ti jolted awake, sweat drenching her forehead. Shaak Ti let out a shaky breath, pulling her legs out of her covers to let them hang off the side of her bed. She grabbed her journal from her bedside table, writing it down as sleep fought with awareness. She would go back to sleep, but she had to write it down. She had relived the vision from months ago over and over in her dreams, each time there was new information. This time, she had found out that Rylann survived the fall—at least Hunter's relieved shoulder made Shaak Ti want to believe that.

The crying child was a new addition to the dream. She flipped through the pages of her journal, landing on the written version of the vision. It read:

An image of a baby's face appeared clear in front of a blurry, black background. All I could hear was his cry for a moment before his face shifted into that of a young boy. He looked like that clone, Crosshair, but had Rylann's lips and nose. In a moment, the boy drew Rylann's lightsaber, the green clashing with a red one. After a few strikes, the boy disarmed the red saber wielder, picking up the fallen saber. He turned both sabers off, combining them into a lightsaber staff and the blade became white. Much like the vision of my master.

Shaak Ti shut her journal, biting her lip as memories of her master swarmed her mind. Master Sifo-Dyas was a great Jedi with many visions of the future. When he chose Shaak Ti as his padawan, he had a vision claiming that her legacy would be a key to bringing balance to the Force. That vision/prophecy was why everyone thought that her padawan, Tally, was the Chosen One. She was a great student with many talents, but after Shaak Ti received the shared vision with Rylann, she knew that Tally was not who Sifo-Dyas was talking about. It was Rylann and her legacy. The boy that Shaak Ti presumed to be the son of Rylann and Crosshair. And that was the reason that Shaak Ti was letting them figure out their own path. That was why Shaak Ti was willing to protect it at the cost of her station and credibility.

Shaak Ti picked up her comm off of her side table, looking at the unread messages on the screen. It looked like Kenobi had gotten her message about the Mandalorian Death Watch a little too late. Pre Vizsla was, in fact, the leader of Death Watch and he got away. Now Kenobi had transferred over to Geonosis to help Anakin's forces. That meant his new padawan would be without him for even longer than planned.

His latest message was strange. How are you doing? He rarely asked her that over the comms. In passing he would, but to intentionally ask? That was new.