56 | Answers, But Definitely More Confusing

22 BBY, Month 10

Rylann

With the end of the year approaching, training for Rylann's knighthood kicked into full gear

With the end of the year approaching, training for Rylann's knighthood kicked into full gear. She had finished force training with Yoda, lightsaber training with Windu, and a number of other things like flight with Plo Koon, and strategy with Ki-Adi-Mundi. But those were just the tip of the iceberg. She was cramming learning into every second of every day, trying to be ready for the Trials at the end of the month.

And not to mention, she hadn't been able to spend much time with the Batch, only seeing one of them every few hours only to escort her around. She even missed Joseta and Rex, but they were off planet for a battle. She hoped they would be alright.

"Focus, Rylann," Shaak Ti said, snapping the padawan from her thoughts. "I know you have plenty of worries in your heart, but you must remember the objective."

Rylann sighed, opening her eyes. It looked like she had not gotten any progress, instead the rocks were stationary on the ground, not floating. Rylann straightened her stance, crossing her arms. "Yeah, to pretend to be someone I am not and then stress out about possibly failing the Trials."

"You shouldn't stress," Shaak Ti said, walking across the training room in the temple. "You are a highly capable jedi. Just emotional." Shaak Ti paused, crossing her arms to mirror Rylann. "I heard that you got into a fight with Windu and then used your Genetian gift on his mind."

"If you call letting in the dark side a gift," Rylann said, turning away as tears threatened to form. Great, even now she was struggling to maintain her emotions. "I am a failure of a jedi."

"Failing isn't about what happens to you, but how you respond to the world," Shaak Ti said, reaching Rylann's side to place a hand on her shoulder. Rylann felt better under the touch. Shaak Ti had never been a touchy person, but anytime she did, Rylann knew how much Shaak Ti cared in that moment. And to think that she used to think her master did not care for her...

"I saw Windu's padawan," Rylann said, licking her lip. "I saw from his perspective as she took him down, but didn't kill him."

"She was a troubled child," Shaak Ti said, biting her lip in thought. After a moment of silence, her master gestured to a bench. "Let's sit."

Rylann pulled her feet up on the bench, turning to Shaak Ti. "You knew her?"

Shaak Ti nodded. "I was the one who discovered she had powers."

Rylann blinked. "How?"

"Obi-Wan had asked me to check on his family after he—well—had a hiccup with the force," Shaak Ti explained. "So, I went to Stewjon and met his younger brother and parents. And Obi had a younger sister he had not met yet. She was fifteen at the time, not much older than Wynn." Shaak Ti bit her lip. "She was hurt because she felt Obi-Wan abandoned them, but she was powerful in the force. She had mastered some abilities some jedi take years to with no training."