37 | Pros and Cons of Being Arrested

22 BBY, Month 8

Tech

Tech thought that knocking on the door of the palace was a bad idea

Tech thought that knocking on the door of the palace was a bad idea. Rather, the idea was full of flaws that he had calculated twice over, yet couldn't find an alternative.

"You alright?" Commander Cody asked, coming up behind Tech who was stooped over their ship's computer.

Tech shrugged, not feeling like giving the fifty-seven reasons why he would not be alright. "This mission has been a huge failure. It has not gone how we had planned."

Commander Cody clapped him on the back to reassure him though Tech was only assured that his back would feel that the next day. "It's not a failure yet." Tech raised a brow at the reg. Cody nodded. "It's true. You protected the Duchess and saved her life."

Tech deadpanned. "My brothers and commander have been arrested under false pretenses."

Cody shrugged. "Miscommunication."

"And you really think that we should just knock on the door and tell them our whole story?"

Cody nodded. "Communication."

A sigh escaped Tech's lips. "This is not what I thought this would be like."

"Improvisation and readjusted ideas?" Cody asked, raising a brow. "Makes me wonder what you previously thought war was like."

Tech didn't respond, staring at the screen in front of him. The vitals of his brother who was hooked up in their ship's medbay were on the screen. Wrecker at least would be fine. For now.

"Alright," Tech stated, standing up as he looked down at the slightly shorter commander. "Let's get Hersehl and Wynn picked up so we can testify." This had to be the worst mission ever.

【 ⌖ 】

Crosshair

Crosshair thought this was the best mission ever—not that he had many to compare it to

Crosshair thought this was the best mission ever—not that he had many to compare it to. But looking at the pros versus cons, it was really in his favor.