55 | Recollections of Old

22 BBY, Month 10

Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti's boots clacked down the hall of the Temple, her mind straying to many matters instead of the one ahead of her

Shaak Ti's boots clacked down the hall of the Temple, her mind straying to many matters instead of the one ahead of her. Shaak Ti was supposed to be thinking about a meeting with the Council, but her mind was elsewhere. Rylann had been spending a lot of time on the Resolute with the Bad Batch and the 501st. Also, with that Pro'oz girl. Shaak Ti hoped that the sergeant would be a good influence on Rylann.

Senator Pro'oz had given Shaak Ti a heads up regarding her daughter's history with getting into trouble. Accidentally. Sergeant Pro'oz had to learn how to avoid similar situations to stay out of trouble. Rylann needed that skill. Desperately.

Maintaining contact with Senator Pro'oz was needed due to the collaboration between the Corellian military and the GAR, and it was a connection that proved important when Rylann came back from the Archives with documents written by the senator's late husband. Shaak Ti had downloaded a copy of the article while Rylann was recovering so that she could help her padawan with whatever hare brained idea she had next. And that document, she sent to Senator Pro'oz to ask for help. A plea really.

Shaak Ti shook herself from her thoughts as she neared the door of the Council room. Taking a deep breath, she swung the doors open, striding into the room. She saw a few members were away, instead replaced with their bluest versions via commlink. But one she hadn't expected to see gone so soon was General Kenobi.

"Master Shaak Ti, pleasure it is," Yoda said, diverting her attention from the blue Obi-Wan.

Shaak Ti nodded to the green jedi. "Master Yoda."

"Please, take a seat." Windu gestured to her seat. "We are about to discuss Master Kenobi's findings on Mandalore."

Shaak Ti blinked, sitting in her seat across from Obi-Wan. "Master Kenobi is on Mandalore?"

Kenobi met her eyes. "With the uptick of Death Watch activity, I am trying to find more information," he said, stroking his beard.

"Is Padawan Wynn Avunn with you?" Shaak Ti asked, mind drifting to the young girl. Even a trained padawan had found trouble on Mandalore, so sending a young girl there, even if it was her home, would be foolish.

"No," Kenobi said, sending relief throughout her. "This isn't good first mission material."

Shaak Ti clenched her jaw. And yet they forced Rylann to take her first lead mission there. Funny how things had changed. "How are things there? Is Duchess Satine taking it well that you are there?"

Kenobi sighed. "She is worried about the rising Death Watch activity, too. She and Governor Vizsla are doing whatever they can to help." He paused, head twisting to see someone talking. "It looks like I'm being called away. May the Force be with you."