11 | Kitchen Plans

A/N: Just a heads up, when a character mentions a year, I use Coruscant years instead of BBY. The said year mentioned is 7958 ('58) which is technically 19 BBY. Just a heads up.

Enjoy the story!

...........

22 BBY, Month 5

Rylann

Rylann winced at the training bolt that hit her shoulder, groaning aloud at the thought of restarting the training session

Rylann winced at the training bolt that hit her shoulder, groaning aloud at the thought of restarting the training session. She turned off her saber, tapping the side of the head device, the blinder uncovered her eyes. The training probe shut down, landing in the palm of her hand. Even though she knew she'd have to restart the training session to go a full five minutes without getting shot, Rylann really didn't feel like it.

Instead, she tossed the probe and headpiece onto her bed, attaching her sleek, silver-hilted saber to her belt. With Shaak Ti still on Coruscant, Rylann found herself becoming extremely bored extremely quickly. Though the Bad Batch, as her friends called themselves, had spent some time with her, they still had their own training they needed to go through in order for them to graduate as their own clone force.

Rylann had testing coming up for the Knighting as well. Rylann was graduating a little older than most, though that was her own fault. She wasn't grasping the concepts fast enough if at all. Rylann was glad that Shaak Ti was her master in moments of her own failure, for the Togruta was patient and walked her through it. And with Shaak Ti gone, it was up to Ry to take up initiative and practice on her own. But Ry was so tired of practicing. That was all she had been doing the past few days.

Tonight she had the night off from training with the Batch since they had a lot of meetings to go to regarding graduation, but she still found herself antsy to train. She'd been at it for at least a couple of hours until this point. She walked over to the wall device, clicking it to find the time.

"Eleven o'clock?" she exclaimed in shock. Surely not! She had been training for four hours trying to get this drill down. She had been so adamant to get it perfect to show the Batch that she had lost track of time. No wonder she was sore! Four hours of straight training, and not to mention all the hours she'd trained over the past few days with the Batch.

A knock sounded at her door, snapping her from her thoughts. Who could it be this close to midnight? Rylann thought, slowly making her way to her door, sliding it open. Hunter waved as Tech and Wrecker popped their heads up from behind him. Rylann looked out the door to come face to face with Crosshair leaning on one shoulder against the wall.

"Hello," Rylann said, looking down the hall to see if there was something going on. "What brings you to my abode?"

"Can't friends visit each other?" Crosshair asked, an antagonistic smirk donning his lips.