Fifteen

By the time morning comes around I feel fine, there's a slight dizziness but nothing that will hinder me. The ache in my head is a dull throb too, Lori and I really got lucky with how bad that accident could've been yesterday. Aside from a few scratches the both of us were pretty much unscathed. I still feel bad for not saying something to her sooner, I could've killed her and her unborn baby.

I venture out to see everyone's still sleeping and so I begin making them all breakfast. Time goes by fast and I enjoy the peaceful morning and the time that have to myself. I wonder how my life would've been, if I'd never been taken, would I have had kids by now? Would I have had days where I stood making breakfast for them before they go off to school. I wonder about what type of man I would've met, if I would've married my high school boyfriend, Jasper. I wonder how his life turned out too.

My thinking comes to an end once Maggie and Patrica come down, "I made you guys breakfast." I say making them smile at me grateful. "You should be resting." Maggie says as she takes a plate and sits down. "I've done enough resting, besides I'm fine now." 

"Is Beth still not doing well?" I ask making her smile dim as she shakes her head. "I'm sure your dad will be back today and Beth will start feeling better soon." I offer. I then go out to call the others. "What did I say to you?" Daryl asks as everyone begins making their way to the house.

The party that would go out for the search was gonna have breakfast and go, they were all ready. "Relax mom, I'm fine, I made you guys breakfast so come on."

"Selene since we can't race today do you wanna colour with us instead?" Sophia asks as she and Carl drop back to walk with me. "Yeah, I love colouring." She smiles and grabs my hand laughing as I swing our arms around, I turn to carl beside me and do the same with him, smiling as both children laugh happily on the short walk.

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

"Selene you make the nicest food ever." Carl says as he munches happily, "thanks kid," I say ruffling his hair as I walk past him. "Way better than my mom anyways." I can't help but laugh as Loris mouth drops, "what Carl?" He shrugs, "I'm just telling the truth mom." I hear more snickers throughout the room.

"Well I mean he's not wrong."

Once everyone's done eating Shane, Daryl and Andrea get ready to leave, "you sure I can't convince you to let me come with you?" I ask Daryl wanting to annoy him, "very funny." He says after an eye roll. "I know, but you be careful out there, we don't need to be bandaging you up again." He scoffs as he flicks the bandage around my head, "look who's talking."

They're literally seconds away from getting in the car when a car pulls up in front of us. Rick, Hershel and Glenn are back.

"Patricia, prepare the shed for surgery." Hershel says as I glance at the back of the car and see a kid sat there, blindfolded.

"Are you hurt?" I don't say anything about the kid and turn back to Lori and Rick reuniting. "No, but what happened to you?" He asks after seeing her split lip. "l was in a car accident." I wonder how mad Rick will be with me for letting her go. "Accident? How?"

"l went looking for you."

"Snuck out with Selene. l brought her back." I look down as Shane answers, even though he wasn't a part of the conversation. Glenn notices my reaction and walks over, I throw my arms around him as he approaches so glad he was back. "I'm so glad you're back." I tell him as he squeezes me tight. Glenn reminded me so much of my old boyfriend Jasper, he'd been my bestest friend growing up and it was nice to see a bit of him in Glenn's kind heart. He was definitely one of my favourite members of the group, if not my favourite.