Forty Six

Tw: Very serious abuse, sa etc mentions in this chapter

It had been a really big adjustment welcoming all the Woodbury people here with us. Tyreese and Sasha had been in Woodbury and so they did get to stay here with us after all. They along with my sisters moved into our cell block and then we all helped clear the prison and the new people got the other cell blocks.

The field was clear again too meaning I spent lots of my time out running, Rick spent a lot of time in the field too, he'd become quite the farmer no longer our leader he spent his time outside relaxing. It was good for him. Because Rick had resigned we now had a council, I'd been elected to join the council with my friends but I had declined. I didn't want a role in leadership either, I just liked to help out wherever I could.

Daryl and I had only been getting closer to each other we were basically a couple, neither of had said it but we just both knew. I was actually thinking of asking him if he wanted to share a cell with me soon.

Aelia had really settled in with everyone, she got along best with Beth, Maggie and Glenn, she still completely hated Daryl I'm not sure why. Aurora still wasn't completely warmed up to me, it'd been a few months but both of my sisters were still mourning my mom hard. I wasn't mourning as hard as them because I'd mourned her twice already before this, it just wasn't as hard on me because I didn't even get to see her again for long before I lost her again.

"Hey we're goin on a run, you wanna come?" Daryl asks stopping by me as I'm getting ready to run in the field. "Uh, no not this time." I shrug, I did love going out on runs, especially with Daryl but Aelia wanted me to spend the day with Aurora today so I should probably stay here. "Alright I'll be back soon."

"Stay safe." He nods and kisses my forehead like he always did before he had to leave. "Always am."

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

"Hey Jude." I smile at the baby who I spent most of my time around, I swear if we had assigned jobs in here mine would be babysitter for the grimes. "Have you seen Aurora?" I ask Beth who shakes her head. "No, I think she was with Sophia." If she was with Sophia then they were probably in the library. It was Sophia's favourite place in the entire prison.

"Hey guys." Aurora practically scowls  when she sees me, I was sure that she hated me actually. "Um you wanna hang out kid?" I ask Aurora who reluctantly nods. "You wanna come too Soph?" She looks between us then shakes her head. "I actually have to go find my mom, you guys have fun." She says before leaving us alone.

"You like reading?" I ask Aurora who shrugs, "I don't know." It was like talking to brick wall, the kid wanted nothing to do with me. "You wanna come and help me farm with Rick?" She may have hated me but she sure did love Rick. Her face lights up just at the mention of him and she nods making me smile. "Alright let's go."

"Hey farmer." Rick chuckles as he looks up at the sound of my voice. "Well if isn't my two favourite helpers." He hums leaning against his gardening tool. "More like your only helpers." I say leaning against the small pen he was in. Aurora climbs up on the wood beside me. "How can we help today Rick?" She asks swinging over the top of the fence.

He gives her some tool and tells her to go dig out weeds or something, I'm not sure since I wasn't really paying attention. "So I take it you're still having problems connecting with her." He asks as I take to sitting on the top of the fence. "I'm telling you the kid hates me." He nods and listens to me speak as he continues with his farming work.

"Selene can you come and help me please." Rick turns to me as we hear Aurora call for me, "well you never know, seems like she's coming around." Rick says raising his brows as I hop off the fence. "Yeah we'll see."