Nineteen

"Where's the rest of us?" I wake up still in the back of the car once I hear Daryl's voice. I don't waste any time in sitting up and rubbing my eyes, confused about wether I heard right. "We're the only ones who made it so far."

"Selene?" I hear his voice again as soon as I'm out of the car, which lets me know that I hadn't been dreaming it. "Right here." I say making everyone turn to me. I beam at seeing so many faces and beam at seeing his face relax as his eyes landed on mine.

I don't know what takes over me but I run straight at Daryl and surprise him, as well as everyone else when, I wrap my arms around him. His hand cradles the back of my head as he lets me hold him. I don't care about the others watching me or whatever I was just so glad to see him again.

"Woah where's this enthusiasm for the rest of us?" Glenn asks once I pull away and stay stood next to Daryl, not making a move for the others. The others laugh as I feel my cheeks heat up and I flip Glenn off.

"Is Andrea not with any of you guys?" I ask confused after last seeing her go after Carol, "she helped me but then I lost her." 

"We saw her go down." T-dog tells us, "Patricia?" Hershel asks. "They got her, too. Took her right from me. I was... I was holdin' onto her, Daddy. She just..." Beth tells him before thinking of her boyfriend. "What about Jimmy? Did you see Jimmy?"

"He was in the RV. It got overrun."

"You definitely saw Andrea?"

"There were walkers everywhere."

"Did you see her?"

"I'm gonna go back." Daryl says heading towards his bike. "No."

"We can't just leave her."
"We don't even know if she's there."

"She isn't there. She isn't. She's somewhere else or she's dead." Rick tells us all. "There's no way to find her."

"So we're not even gonna look for her?"

"We gotta keep moving. There've been walkers crawling all over here. I say head east. Stay off the main roads. The bigger the road, the more walkers,
the more assholes like this one."

"I got him." Daryl says before taking the walker out with his crossbow.

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

"Hey loser, I'm glad you're ok." I say throwing my arms around Glenn as everyone gets ready to leave. "Are you sure? Because it seemed like you were only glad about seeing Daryl."

"Shut up." I mumble as he laughs, "hey I mean I get it. Rick and I are taken so that leaves you with limited options." I push his shoulder as he continues laughing. "I'm not talking to you anymore." I huff turning away, "yeah because you've got Daryl for that now." He calls after me.

"Hey Sophia." I smile at the girl who approaches me, she'd managed to jump into Glenn and Maggie's car back on the farm. Since she'd reunited with her mother though she hadn't let go of her, until now.

She doesn't say anything, instead she wraps me up in a hug so tight that I'm honestly surprised by her strength. "Hey what's up?" I ask hugging her back and hearing a sniffle. "I thought you got lost out there all alone because I told you about Carl." I shake my head, "you did the right thing telling me about Carl." I tell her first before I kneel down to wipe her eyes.

"And secondly, come on Sophia you saw me out in the woods with you, you think a couple of walkers could take me down?" She shakes her head making me nod at her with a grin. "Exactly, I'm too smart for them."

"And too fast."
"Exactly, now we're all here and we're all ok, so don't you worry about anything."

"She really likes you." Carol says after Sophia runs off to Carl. "Yeah, I'm not sure why though." I shrug as I brush the dust off of my knees. "You're great with the kids, you're the only one who plays with them. You try and keep their childhood alive and I'm really grateful for that. I'm really grateful for everything that you've done for her." She tells me softly, placing a hand on my arm.

"Well to be honest, maybe a part of me is just trying to grasp at the childhood I felt was taken from me too soon, I don't want that to happen to Carl and Sophia. I get that the world isn't the same anymore but I just want them to still remember how to be kids."

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

We begin to load up in the cars, T-dog, Hershel, Beth Maggie and Glenn jump in their car and Carol swaps Daryl's bike for Ricks car, so she can sit with her daughter.

"I can drive the pickup." I shrug making Rick, Carl and Hershel all shake their heads in unison. "You should never get behind the wheel of a car again." Rick tells me making my mouth drop,

"Hey! My driving was not that bad, I got us all out of there." I defend as he shakes his head at me, "you we're driving us to our graves." Daryl snickers making me glare at him. "Just get on my bike." He says. "Fine."

"Don't act like you don't want to." Glenn mumbles to me making me turn to him, "don't even lie to me Selene, I know your heart starts racing when you-"

"Hey!" He yelps as I push him back and he stumbles. "I didn't do any of this to you when you had a crush on Maggie." I hiss making him smirk, "oh so I was right you have a crush on Daryl?" He whispers making me roll my eyes, "no."

I make my way over to Daryl and his bike, a sense of deja vu hitting me as I do so. "You ready?" He asks making me nod, I swing my leg over the bike and settle down,wrapping my arms around him comfortably. I can feel his heartbeat under my hands, it's going abnormally fast right now which makes me smile as I rest my head on his shoulder.