Seventeen

Rick and Shane were supposed to dump that kid, Randal but it didn't seem to work out, the two of them returning with him as well as awkward vibe between them. Something definitely went down out there but things weren't much better here, Andrea let Beth almost kill herself, Andrea was just lucky that we were able to get to Beth on time. If things had gone differently I would've given her the Shane treatment. I did understand her point but she went about it completely wrong.

After all that Daryl had been interrogating the kid and was telling us all what he'd found out. "Boy there's got a gang, 30 men. Got heavy artillery and they
ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna..." his eyes meet mine for a second before he continues.
"They're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Maggie asks as I notice the blood on his knuckles. "Had a little chat."

"No one goes near this guy." Rick announces to us, I get his point but I want to talk to the kid. To get my own grasp of what he was like and wether or not I agreed with killing him.

"Rick, what are you gonna do?" Lori asks. "We have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat." I feel like Shane has gotten in his head, we don't know that the kid is a threat.

"You're just gonna kill him?"

"It's settled. I'll do it today."

Dale then goes after Rick as I look around trying gauge what everyone else was thinking. So far no one was giving me anything, they all looked scared or confused or lost in their own thoughts.

Andrea was guarding the kid and I manage to convince her to let me take over. When she leaves I take advantage of the fact that no one else was around and slip inside. I was not going to vote on someone's life knowing next to nothing.

"Please help me." He begs as soon as he sees me, I feel a pang in my chest. "I don't want to die." My eyes flicker to his cuffed wrists, my eyes then fall to my own scarred wrists. I pull my sleeves down and step forwards before I catch myself and step back again.

"Nothing is decided yet." I tell him as I try to avoid looking at him. "Please, I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything." Maybe I was wrong and I couldn't do this because all I can hear is my own afraid voice echoing in my mind.

"People are just scared, we don't know you, we don't know what you're actually like." I force myself to look him in the eye, the eyes were the places you could see what people tried to hide. All I could see in this kids eyes was fear, I didn't see no evil, no plotting just a kid desperate and afraid.

He tries to explain to me why he joined the group he was with and how he would never go back to them, not after they left him for dead. I don't know if I'm gullible or what but I believe him and I feel bad for him as he cries. It wasn't his fault that Rick and the others saved him and brought him back here.

"What the hell are you doing?" Great, Daryl had walked in to see me comforting the kid. "We're just talking." I tell him as he storms forward, "hey what did you say to her!" He shouts at Randal stepping forward ready to strike him. I push Daryl back gently and step between them, "stop it, he didn't say anything. He was only answering the questions that I was asking."

"Rick told you to stay away from him." He says turning his glare to me. "I don't care what Rick said, I was not going to let this all go on without forming an opinion of my own." I say matching his glare.

"You! Don't you talk to her, don't you even look at her or I'll do a lot worse than our talk this morning." Daryl starts trying to get past me, trying to hit Randal again but I grab a hold of his arms and pull him outside with me.