Forty Two

"Wake up!" I jolt awake as I feel the sheets being ripped from me, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The words slip out before I even have time to think. "Oh Selene, I'm so sorry, I didn't think." I force my limbs to relax as I shake my head at Maggie who's eyes are probably as wide as mine. "It's fine." I assure her as I avoid her pitying look, I was so embarrassed.

"I'm just so used to waking Beth up that I didn't-"
"It's fine Maggie honestly, it's alright."

"Uh I was coming to ask if you wanna help us outside but-" I cut her off swiftly wanting to be helpful or proactive in any way. "I'll be right out there." She nods and sends me one more apologetic look before she leaves me be.

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

When I join the others outside I smile at Carl who finds my side instantly. "I feel like I've not seen you in days." I laugh knowing that he and Sophia were a tad dramatic but I loved it. "Yeah well you're seeing me now." I hum plucking his hat off his head. He yelps at the sudden movement but laughs once he watches me drop it onto my own head.

"There's a new sheriff in town now kid." I look up feeling eyes on me as Carl giggles. My eyes find Daryl, he was stood with Glenn and Michonne. The three of them were talking but his eyes were on me, I wink at him, tipping the hat down slightly. He smiles before he catches himself and turns away from me, probably so that he can focus on what's being said.

The three of them walk over to us and let us know of the idea Michonne had, on trying to fortify the prison better incase of another attack. The three of them were gonna go out in the car to lay the barbed wire and spikes down whilst we distracted the walkers from inside the fence.

"Wanna make this fun?" I ask Carl as he hands me a pot, "how could we make this fun?" He questions doubtfully as I flip my crowbar. "Hmm, whoever can make the most noise wins a prize?" I offer, "what prize?" He asks seeming more interested, "okay, if I win I get the hat and if you win I'll give you... it's a surprise." I didn't really have anything to give at the moment, so I'd have to wait till I could go on a run and find something.

"No way, that's my hat."

"So what you're saying is that you know you're gonna lose?" His face screws up as he shakes his head, "I never said that." I nod, "sure." His eyes narrow at me and he nods his head stubbornly. "Alright you're on, and I am gonna win, so don't get too comfortable with my hat."

"I like the confidence Grimes."

The three of us get to work, Carl and I screaming at the walkers, banging our pots aggressively, trying to be louder than the other. I laugh once I spot his little face getting red, it seems to motivate him all the more though as he somehow gets even louder.

Once they've laid the traps and are out of harms way, I drop my pot and use my crowbar to take out the walkers that had gathered in front of me. I liked killing the walkers, I didn't see them as human and so I didn't care about bashing their heads in. I actually found taking the walkers out kind of like a stress reliever. I always had enough anger in me that enjoyed when I got to just go at the walkers, I probably always would.

"Wow." I rejoin the group and see Rick had come out to see what we'd been doing. He was looking at me and how I was covered in walker blood splatters. "I know, I really make it work." I say making him and the others laugh.

"Anyways I'm going to go and clean up." I shrug feeling icky as the blood had begun to dry. "Before I go," I turn to Carl and give him his hat back. "A promise is a promise so I'll get that surprise to you soon kid." He beams at the fact he'd won, I think I'd won in reality but I didn't want his hat. I just wanted him to have some fun, it was getting harder for him to keep his childhood innocence, I could see him changing more by the day. Everything was so tense and chaotic that I just wanted he and Sophia not to have to be burdened with it all.

⋅⊰☾∘⊱⋅

"Hey." I smile once I see Daryl joining me, I was on watch again. "Hi." I felt like a stupid lovesick teenager with her first crush but I loved it.

"Wanna make out?" I giggle as Daryl's face turns pink and he starts tripping over his words. "So is that a no?" I ask, "well I never said no." He gets out as I turn to face him fully, my arms winding around his neck as I pull him closer to me. "So yes?" He nods and walks me backwards until my back hits the wall. "I'd never say no to you." He murmurs softly before lowering his mouth to mine.

His hand finds my jaw, his fingers dancing across my skin as he tilts my head up, angling me perfectly for him. I make sure to play with his hair so that I can hear his godly groans and feel them as they travel down my throat. I pull away just to catch my breath, Daryl chases my movements, his lips back on mine in an instant. His actions make me smile into the kiss until I need to pull away for another breath. I didn't understand how he wasn't as out of breath as I was right now.

This time Daryl leaves my mouth to breathe, instead he begins kissing his way down my jaw and then my neck. My body shivers in the best way at his touch. I can't help but let out a moan when he hits just the right spot. He's leaving a trail of fire under my skin and suddenly I feel as though I need him as much as I need air.

The needing intensifies and so I grab his face and pull him back up to my lips, feeling as though I never want to stop kissing him.

Um hey, this feels awkward lol but I was just coming to say the smut will be here maybe soon, trust me I have been doing my research and it's certainly been an interesting experience. My smut will probably be trash since I cringe everytime I read the smut but I will try anyways. Idk why I gave you guys this update but enjoy ig

Oh and always if there's anything you wanna say ab the story feel free okay bye. ☺️