Twenty

"Hey don't be fallin asleep back there." Daryl shouts back at me once my arms loosen slightly and I place my head against his shoulder again. I strain to hear him over his bike and know that there's no way I'll be able to speak loud enough for him to hear. Instead I tighten my arms and just hope he understands that I heard.

"There's no way she's sleeping." That sounded like Glenn,"it happens." That's Daryl, oh shit did I fall asleep? "Selene!" I jump, Glenn and Daryl laugh making me glare as I rub my eyes. "Why are you always sleeping?" Glenn asks as I let go of Daryl and get off the bike seeing that we'd stopped.

"Leave me alone." I huff before Daryl turns to me, "I told you not to fall asleep." I shrug, "I didn't mean to. Why have we stopped?" I ask changing the subject. He shrugs, "Rick beeped." He tells me as the three of us joined the others. Rick's car had run out of gas meaning we'd have to stop until tomorrow. Something that no one was happy about.

"I'm freezing." Carl complains Rick takes his jacket off immediately and hands it to his son. Having to flee the farm ten way we did meant we didn't really get to take anything with us.

"We'll build a fire, yeah?" Lori assures Carl as she pulls the jacket on for him.

"If you go out looking for firewood, stay close." Daryl says looking me in the eye, "Only got so many arrows. How you doing on ammo?" He asks Rick who looks stressed. "Not enough."

"We can't just sit here with our asses hanging out." Maggie says making Hershel turn to her unimpressed, "watch your mouth. Everyone stop panicking and listen to Rick."

"All right, we'll set up a perimeter. In the morning we'll find gas and some supplies. We'll keep pushing on." Rick tells us and so I nod fine with that. "Glenn and I can go make a run now, try and scrounge up some gas." Maggie offers trying to be helpful.

"No, we stay together. God forbid something happens and people get stranded without a car."

"Rick, we're stranded now."

"I know it looks bad. We've all been through hell and worse, but at least we found each other. I wasn't sure, I really wasn't, but we did We're together. We keep it that way. We'll find shelter somewhere, there's gotta be a place."

"Rick, look around, okay? There's walkers everywhere. They're migrating or something."

"There's gotta be a place not just where we hole up, but that we fortify, hunker down, pull ourselves together, build a life for each other. I know it's out there. We just have to find it." He's getting frustrated and I'm getting worried for him.

"Even if we do find a place we think is safe, we can never be sure for how long. Look what happened with the farm. We fooled ourselves into thinking that that was safe."

"We won't make that mistake again."

"We'll make camp tonight over there. Get on the road at the break of day." Rick points out our camp to be and I feel like only Daryl, Hershel and I were on board with ricks plan. Everyone else looked scared.

"Does this feel right to you?" Carol asks Daryl, he doesn't say anything her as Beth steps forwards with concerns. "What if walkers come through, or another group like Randall's?"

"You know I found Randall, right? He had turned, but he wasn't bit." I'm confused, how did he turn if he wasn't bitten? "How's that possible?"

"Rick, what the hell happened?" I can see Rick doesn't want to answer the questions he's being asked, he looks like he's hiding something.

"Shane killed Randall. Just like he always wanted to." Daryl answers. "And then the herd got him?" Lori asks Rick, I know the heard didn't get him because Carl and I found the two together before we saw the heard.