twelve

twelve || an unexpected bonding

ʚ♡ɞ

"I don't get it! Why does it keep dropping right when it's near the drop zone?"
Beomgyu whined loudly, struggling with the claw machine game that had the cutest sanrio characters ever.

"You just suck at it, Gyu." Yeonjun deadpanned, causing the male to glare at his best friend who just shrugged. "You've always been bad at games."

"It's not my fault my mom never lets me go to arcades!"

Taehyun glanced over at the male after hearing that, he had just been standing next to Huening Kai watching Beomgyu waste all of his coins on a single claw machine game, if he kept spending all of them then they definitely won't be able to play the other games the new arcade has in store.

"You've never been to an arcade?" Huening Kai asked curiously, asking the question that Taehyun was hesitant to ask.

"Yeah, she always wanted me to study," Beomgyu started off, squinting his eyes so he could slowly hover the claw on the right plush. "She told me that arcades and video games are a waste of my time and that I won't learn anything from them."

"We tried taking him," Yeonjun spoke up, his eyes fixated on the machine. "But his mother wouldn't let him go, despite him already spending hours studying."

"But life isn't all about studying." Taehyun spoke softly under his breath, but he decided to brush it off when nobody had heard him.

Why was he so concerned anyway?

Looking over at Soobin and Yeonjun he noticed that the two looked somewhat worried when Beomgyu began talking about his mother.

"Come on!" Beomgyu groaned again, disappointed when the adorable cinnamoroll in a squirrel costume bounced right off of the drop zone wall and back into the pile. "I had it right there!"

"Beom-ah, I think it's time you stop wasting your coins on this game only." Yeonjun spoke up, gently grabbing the males wrist to somehow lead him away from the arcade game.

Beomgyu sighed and nodded, he didn't want to come off as selfish if he made his friends just stand there and watch him struggle to get a stupid plush the entire time.

"Yeah," He breathed out softly, "You're right, let's go look at the other games."

Before the five of them could move onto other games, Yeonjun took the chance to glance between Beomgyu and Taehyun, noticing how the pinkette had his eyes stuck on Beomgyu the entire time they were talking.

They haven't been alone for a bit... He thought, even though he hated the idea of leaving that pink head alone with his best friend even though they were.. dating.. He decided to take the chance to make that happen.

"I saw a three player game, I think Soobin and Huening Kai should come with me to play it." Yeonjun spoke up, looking away so the others wouldn't see how bitter his expression became.

"What?" Soobin and Huening Kai said in unison, both surprised that Yeonjun chose Huening Kai to play a game instead of Beomgyu.

"Are you sure Y-Yeonjun-ssi?" Huening Kai asked politely, even though he was nervous as fuck and practically shaking his boots. It's not that he didn't like Yeonjun, he was just nervous since he thought the male didn't like him! "I can go with Taehyun—"