thirteen

thirteen || a disastrous change

ʚ♡ɞ

"Hey! Choi Yeonjun! Wait up for me!"

Yeonjun's eyebrow raised slightly in confusion after hearing a muffled sounding voice come from behind him, taking out one of his earbuds he turned around and saw Soobin running after him excitedly, like a child who saw a dog for the first time.

"Soobin," Yeonjun groaned softly when the male got closer. "What are you doing? What do you want? Don't you know I prefer to walk alone now?"

"Walk alone?" Soobin snorted, trying to catch his breath as the two began to walk in the direction of school. "I thought the infamous Choi Yeonjun loves walking with his friends?"

"Well," The male licked his lips, knowing Soobin was right, but ever since Beomgyu started dating Taehyun the three of them haven't been walking together at all, it disappointed him but it was better if he walked alone in the morning so he could recollect himself. "The 'infamous' Choi Yeonjun or whatever you said, also likes walking alone."

Soobin chuckled softly and nodded, silencing himself the two of them walked silently towards the school without a single word for the next two minutes, and if Yeonjun was honest it kinda bothered him.

"Don't you have any other friends, Soobin?" Yeonjun spoke up suddenly, causing the blonde to look at him. "You have a bunch of friends, why don't you walk with them every morning?"

"Huhhh?" Soobin gasped out, almost as if he were offended Yeonjun had said that. "What do you mean I have a bunch of other friends? I do but..."

As the blonde trailed off, Yeonjun glanced up at him in confusion as to why he suddenly stopped talking, examining the males face to see if he could spot any other emotion than confusion.

"I..." Soobin stopped himself once again, causing Yeonjun to grumble slightly.

"Just say it, Soobin, you're getting on my ner—"

"I like walking alone with you."

Yeonjun pursed his lips in shock, staring at the male without a word he turned his head away quickly to avoid making eye contact.

He didn't expect that at all.

His heart was racing so much, he could feel it beating with that familiar woozy painful lovesick feeling he's been experiencing almost every day.

Is it because he still had feelings for Soobin? Beginning to overthink every word the male had just said it made him start to wonder if there was possibly a chance...?

No.

He shouldn't think that.

"Don't you still like Beomgyu?" Yeonjun wondered out loud, causing him to instantly slap his hand over his mouth when he realized what he had just said that shocked the both of them.

Soobin's mouth parted open as if he were about to say something, but during that moment only nothing but silence came out of him, almost like he had absolutely no idea how to reply to what Yeonjun had just said.

"I..."

"No! It's fine, I-I don't know why I asked that anyway." Yeonjun coughed out loudly, looking down as his face scrunched up in anger. "...sorry."