thirty-five

thirty-five || betrayal of a close friend

ʚ♡ɞ

"Taehyun, how's the artwork coming along?"

Taehyun looked up from his desk and over at his mother who smiled sweetly at him, glancing back at his desk with just blank papers. Yeah... he totally had it near done.

"It's uhm..." The male didn't have any excuses at this point, he had been so distracted and dissociated with the world that he barely had any inspiration to even try for the crystalline showcase which was in literally two weeks. "It's coming along good."

His mother smiled at him, but that smile really made him suspicious as fuck, she was definitely planning to say something weird.

"Say..." She walked closer to his desk, looking at it before picking up a sketch that impressed her. "This is a very pretty one, why not submit it?"

Taehyun looked down at the piece of paper she was holding, his eyes widening when he realized she had picked up one of the multiple sketches of Beomgyu he had recently made.

"...It's not good enough."

His mother tilted her head and glanced back at the paper, seeing no faults within it. "It's beautiful, isn't this your boyfriend?"

Taehyun bit the bottom of his lip and looked away, his mother tilting her head in confusion before realizing something.

"Did you two get into a fight...?"

A fight isn't necessarily what happened, but he guess that's what he would call it.

After waiting for an answer, his mother frowned softly and placed the paper down when she realized that Taehyun wouldn't give one at all. Looking around, she gently grabbed onto his shoulder and tilted his head so he was staring at him.

"Tell me what happened, Tyun."

Taehyun stared at up with her with a blank expression before it slowly shifted to a saddened once, his heart breaking by the second when he remembered how badly he treated Beomgyu.

"We broke up," He said softly, looking away from his mother. Even though they weren't an actual couple, he felt so guilty and sick from what happened it was messing with his head. "I...I hurt him, I said some mean things that I can't take back."

His mother listened closely and nodded, giving him time to speak about his feelings before deciding on what to say.

"So... because you two fought, you both broke up?" She asked him, causing him to nod slightly. "Yet you still draw him like he's the most beautiful thing in the world."

"That's because he is the most beautiful thing in the world," Taehyun breathed out, staring down at his papers, his heart admiring how beautiful Beomgyu was despite every situation, yet his mind playing tricks on him. "Yet I hurt him, I don't— I— I just feel so guilty, there's no way I can apologize to him now it's too late."

"Is it really too late..." His mother spoke up, gently caressing her son's hair to ease him down."Or are you just scared he'll reject your apology, so you say it's too late?"

Taehyun really hated it, he didn't want to hear it. For the past weeks, he's been building up his crumbled wall that he protected himself behind for so long, only for it to break little by little the more he sinks into that ocean of regret.