twenty-nine

twenty-nine || a fragile heart

ʚ♡ɞ

"Taehyun!!" Huening Kai called out towards the male, running towards him while he held his umbrella close. "What are you doing? It's starting to rain harder! You need to get home before you get sick, do you need a ride?"

Taehyun looked over at Huening Kai then back over at the entrance of the school, it had been only... like... twenty minutes since school had ended but he had stayed behind to make sure Beomgyu would get home safe.

"I'm fine Huening Kai I..." Taehyun's sentence was cut off when the loud sound of thunder echoed throughout the sky, causing the both of them to flinch from the sudden loud sound.

"I know you're waiting for Beomgyu hyung," Huening Kai said softly, tilting his umbrella up slightly so he could see Taehyun clearly. "But the storm is getting really bad, why aren't you waiting inside for him?"

"He wanted to be alone."

Huening Kai grumbled softly, shaking his head before looking back over at his car where his sisters were waiting for him, with a helpless sigh, he nodded his head.

"Just promise me you'll get home soon."

"I will."

Huening Kai frowned slightly, doubting his words for a minute before nodding his head, turning around to head back to his car.

Taehyun sighed softly, even though he was freezing he wanted to stay behind and walk Beomgyu home, he felt worried and didn't want to leave him behind.

Looking back over at the entrance, he couldn't help but feel anxious in his stomach. Maybe he should check on Beomgyu? No... he wants to focus on studies.

.........

Man fuck it, he's going to check on him.

ʚ♡ɞ

Beomgyu and Soobin sat next to each other in silence, the two of them sitting in the dim lit classroom, listening to the sound of the rain tapping against the window.

It was a bit awkward for a few minutes, with Soobin scaring Beomfyu and accidentally hitting him, but until then it was only Beomgyu waiting for the elder to say something after asking him to talk.

"Why are you here?" Beomgyu suddenly spoke up, cutting the silence between them. "N-Not that I don't mind! I swear! I'm just curious since not many would want to stay after school this late."

Soobin glanced at Beomgyu and began to chuckle softly, finding it amusing how he tried to not be so rude. "Don't worry, I honestly didn't expect to stay here for this long, but I was helping my club bring some stuff inside."

Beomgyu pursed his lips and nodded, trying to find words to say.

"So why stop here...?"

"It's starting to sound like you don't want me around anymore, Beomgyu." Soobin smirked, which made the male flush red in embarrassment.

"That's not what I...I meant or intended," Beomgyu awkwardly scratched his neck, smiling softly in embarrassment. "I honestly just expected to be alone in the building, you did scare me a bit."