thirty-seven

thirty-seven || fixing our broken hearts

ʚ♡ɞ

Beomgyu and Taehyun both stared at each other with a longing gaze, neither of the two dared to speak up after what the male had just said, as if they were both afraid that what they were going to talk about would shatter both of their hearts.

After a moment of hesitation, Beomgyu cleared his throat and nodded his head, looking away to somehow ease the panic building up in his stomach.

"I really want to apologize about what had happened on... that day." Taehyun took the chance to speak up first since he was the one who wanted to talk. "I... never meant to hurt you."

Beomgyu stared at the male in shock, surprised that he had apologized for that. In all honesty, he was certain that the male didn't feel sorry, that what he had done was the right thing to do.

But after seeing how guilty the male looked, his heart melted, and that feeling of missing him every single day flooded his senses.

"I wanted to be angry at you," He spoke up softly, looking at the younger with an intense gaze he was unaware of. "...but I couldn't bring myself to be."

"I'd understand why you would be upset at me," Taehyun said pathetically, feeling his walls that he so desperately tried to keep up crumble down when he stood in front of Beomgyu. "But I promise I never would want to hurt you, I was just... frustrated. Not with you, but with my feelings."

That made Beomgyu even more curious now, his head tilting in confusion as to what the male meant by that.

However, it warmed his heart knowing that Taehyun didn't mean to hurt him.

Even though he wasn't exactly mad at the male, he knew deep down he was still affected by what had happened, it really did hurt his heart slightly.

"Why were you frustrated...?" Beomgyu asked him, watching a small frown grow on the male's lips.

Taehyun glanced at the elder and sighed, closing his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair, as if he were contemplating on what to say to the male.

"I guess this is the only time to be honest," He spoke briefly, as if he were dreading talking about it. "If I miss out now, I might lose you again."

Beomgyu felt his breath pause after hearing that, his beating heart began to pace when the two of them made eye contact again.

He would be lying if he said he didn't miss this.

Just standing in front of the male took so much energy out of him, fighting back the urge to just sob and pour out all of his emotions for the male, fighting back the urge to pull him close and hug him so tightly so he won't leave again.

But in reality, all he could do is just stand there pathetically and stay silent, as if his feet were frozen to the ground.

"Do you remember the day you had told the entire school you liked me?"

"How... could I not forget..." Beomgyu said, an awkward smile growing on his lips as embarrassment began to grow.

Everytime he thought about that day, he couldn't help but want to slap himself to death from how embarrassing it was. Why did he do that to himself! If it weren't for him saying that... then the two of them wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Now it really got him thinking, what would now be like... if he didn't lie about liking Taehyun...?

"I was there in the cafeteria that day," Taehyun suddenly said, causing his breath to hitch. "I heard you... say you liked me."