thirty-four

thirty-four || the first rumors spark

ʚ♡ɞ

"My love, you can't be avoiding lunch anymore."

Yeonjun looked up from his desk and over at Soobin who stood in front of him, staring at him with a saddened smile. It irritated him so much. "Just leave me alone, don't call me that stupid ass nickname anymore."

"How could I not call you it when you are my love?" Soobin frowned softly, walking around the desk and sat next to the male who buried his face back into his arms. "You've ignored me long enough now, Jun, you can't keep avoiding everyone."

"Easy for you to say," Yeonjun mumbled, annoyed by Soobin's nonsense talking. "You're not the one who was hurt by your best friend, fucking embarrassing."

"...But I was hurt," Soobin said softly, causing the male next to him to stare at him with widened eyes. "Beomgyu's my best friend too you know? I'm really hurt he lied to me... to us, but I can't hold that against him. He had his reasons."

Yeonjun stared at his boyfriend for a few seconds, slightly reconsidering what he had just said. Yet he was still far too angry at Beomgyu to process anything, he was so pissed off.

For three months, his best friend, the one he trusted the most betrayed him.

He just couldn't believe that this entire time, he had lied to him. That he had truly liked Soobin from the start and he just had to ruin it all by opening his mouth to defend him from that bitch ass Seong-jin.

It made him feel so foolish, like he doesn't deserve Soobin now.

"Do you want to talk about it...?"

Yeonjun sat up straight and shook his head, if he were to talk about what had happened, he was certain he would explode at Soobin like he did with Beomgyu.

It really did frustrate him, a major part of him was so upset, betrayed. But the other half knew that the younger had his reasons as Soobin said, but he just couldn't bring himself to just accept it as that.

"I just..." Yeonjun started off slowly, his eyes stinging from how badly he wanted to break down. "I'm just hurt, I trusted him not to do something so stupid, I trusted him with my feelings. I just feel so taken advantage of."

"I just feel like after what happened, I'm not enough for you."

"Don't say that hyung." Soobin scooted his chair closer and awkwardly side hugged the male who immediately relaxed in his hold. "I understand how betrayed you feel, feelings are never worth to be taken advantage of, and all of it is valid."

"But think about Beomgyu," He continued on, causing Yeonjun to side eye him uncomfortably. "You know he never has bad intentions, he wanted to help you... in the worst way possible."

"It didn't help anything."

"It helped me realize I loved you more than him," Soobin countered the males words, but realized how rude that lowkey sounded. "In a romantic way, you know."

Yeonjun's ears were burning red when he had heard Soobin say that, it made some of the anger in his stomach fade away, but it wasn't enough.