nineteen

nineteen || distractions leads to failure

ʚ♡ɞ

SLAM!

"Your grades are slipping! What the hell are you doing lately?! Why aren't you studying?!"

"I-I am, mother it's just i've been so distracted by friends—"

Beomgyu's mother threw a water bottle at the male, nearly hitting his head in the process if he hadn't ducked down in time. "Mother, please I—"

"I will not have a disgrace in my house thinking that he can do whatever he want with his life!" His mother screamed at him, she was stuck in a blind rage, barely processing what was right or wrong and it made Beomgyu want to break down.

"I swear I'll do better, I promise!"

"You better do better or you're no son of mine! I should've never given birth to a disgrace like you!"

———

"Beomgyu? Are you okay?"

The male snapped out of his daydream, glancing up from his desk and made eye contact with Yeonjun who stared at him with worry.

It made Beomgyu feel so sick, he didn't want to tell him and dump all of his worries onto his best friend.

"I'm fine," Beomgyu smiled brightly, standing up from his desk since the male wanted to go to the snack bar. "How about you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Yeonjun replied the same, both of them walking out of the classroom before Yeonjun sighed in discomfort. "Actually, I'm not, I feel awkward."

"Awkward?" Beomgyu repeated in curiosity, it was rare that Yeonjun would feel awkward about anything, he was pure confidence. "You never feel awkward, what's bothering you?"

"Soobin." Yeonjun replied flatly, causing Beomgyu's eyes to widen.

He would've never thought that Yeonjun would feel awkward around the one person he legitimately has feelings for, ever since he found out the two of them have been hanging out together occasionally he thought that everything would be okay between them.

"Do you... wanna tell me why?" Beomgyu asked softly, gently patting his best friends back to reassure him that he was there for him.

"I feel like I'm his rebound," Yeonjun spoke truthfully. Unlike Beomgyu who sugarcoats everything and holds back his own emotions, Yeonjun was the type to say how he felt straight up and even be blunt about everything. "Ever since you rejected him, he's been hanging around me a lot."

"Isn't that... good?"

"Beomgyu, you obviously didn't catch the 'ever since you rejected him' part," Yeonjun sighed softly, causing Beomgyu to fall silent as the elder continued to talk. "It's weird, one day we're barely even together and now the next day he's always around me twenty four seven. It's pissing me off."

"But isn't that what you wanted?" Beomgyu paused his movements, grateful that the hallway was empty yet nervous on what Yeonjun was about to say. "Didn't you want him to—"