.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

𝑀𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒

⊹₊┈ㆍ┈ㆍ┈ㆍ✿ㆍ┈ㆍ┈ㆍ┈₊⊹

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

"Mother, Father! I'm home I got the ingredients for the dango!" I yelled out to the silent house. Only my footsteps and the crinkling of the paper bag I was carrying could be heard.

I was twelve, I still needed them and they got taken away from me. I loathe demons.

"Mom? Dad?" I repeated hoping they would respond as I took off my shoes.

It was spring, cherry blossom season. They were everywhere. It was my favorite time.

"Moommm!! Daaaad!!" I yelled out while walking around.

I dropped the bag out of shock, the sight was disgusting. I felt my stomach twirl and the feeling wanting to throw up, god I hate to remember it.

"No.. NO!" I ran up to the lifeless bodies on the ground. Both of my parents were decapitated and blood spilled out everywhere, it got on my hands.

Red crimson painted the walls like a picture, whoever had done this had destroyed everything. The floor planks were also decorated with the red liquid of my parents, it felt chilling.

"Oh? Dessert?" A voice called out from the shadows, and a body emerged. It was a terrifying face, the eyes completely white aside from the deep red veins that surrounded it. Its skin color was a deep disgusting green, my parent's blood I assumed all around its mouth. I felt a shiver up my spine and couldn't pull myself together to run. I remember it so vividly.

"Three humans, that's a score." It laughed out.

I felt the hot tears running down my face, was this a demon?

"Those two weak humans struggled against me, they screamed and screamed as I ate their flesh it got annoying so I crushed their skulls." It laughed maniacally and continued its words, "I'll make your death quick and painless." It charged at me.

I threw myself out of the way, I was panicking. I needed to find something to kill it. How do demons even die?! It charged at me again, grabbing my leg and piercing my skin with its nails. I yelped and turned my body to face it. I balled up my fist and smacked it in the face as hard as I could. Then again with both my fists, I kicked it off me.

"Fuck! You little bitch! Now I'll make sure your death is slow!" It growled.

I scrambled to my feet and ran to my parent's room, my dad's sword! He had always kept it around, always saying something about a demon. My mom calmed me and told me they don't exist. Now here I am running away from it. I grabbed my father's sword off the stand and unsheathed it. Holding it in front of me waiting for the demon to come through the door.

"Boo." I heard a voice behind me.

I swung and the sword lodged into something. I heard a scream, I looked and I had shoved the sword into the side of its stomach.

"Alright, Your dead now." It smiled menacingly.

It hit my hand causing the sword to fall out, kicking me hard. I slammed into the wall as it neared closer. I panicked about what to do. It couched in front of me and started choking me. I tried gasping for air or screaming but nothing came out. It grabbed my arm and dragged its nails along it. It cut into my skin and I tried to scream in pain. It raised its hand as if it was going to pound my head in. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact. Mother, Father, forgive me.

"Don't worry you're safe now!" I heard a voice call out, I opened my eyes slowly. My body instantly relaxed when I realized it wasn't the demon. It was a girl with pink hair and green tips, she had three braids two resting on her shoulders and one that laid on her back. The clothes she was wearing were revealing but I couldn't care less right now.

"Are you injured!?" She checked me out. I turned my gaze and saw the demon's body disintegrating. I showed her the injury on my arm and on my leg. She found the first aid kit that was lying around in the kitchen.

As she was finishing patching me up she said "This will do for now until we get you some real medication. Say, do you know what that thing was?"

I nodded at her question, "My father use to say things about demons, I didn't think they were real. Now my parents' lives were taken by one." I said.

"Do you want to learn how to kill demons?" She looked dead in my eyes.

"Yes. I want to eradicate them. They have stolen something from me, now I wish to steal from them." I clenched my fist at the thought of my parents going through that pain the demon caused them.

"You poor thing, How about you become my student? I will teach you the breath of love and you will become a great swordswoman!" She excitedly said.

"Alright, I will! But what is your name?" I realized I hadn't asked her name even though she saved my life.

"Kanroji Mitsuri! You are?"

"L/n Y/n, Thank you for saving my life."

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

word count 931

edited 3/26/23