| 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 |

The more I stare at the man, the more I was fueled with anger

The more I stare at the man, the more I was fueled with anger. How can anyone do this to your fellow human without any remorse?

The scene continue to replay in my mind and I just can't get it off. The way he gnashed his teeth. The way he wanted to kill anything and anyone in sight. The way his iris flashed with anger and hunger of a predator.

"Vera?" Redd calls me aside and I finally tear my eyes away from the man. "I need your help."

"With what?" I reach to hold his hand and he pulls me into his arms.

"I want you to hack into something for me." He hands me the phone he finds from the man's pocket to me. "This phone. Maybe we can get something from it you know."

"Oh sure!" I skip off, braids bouncing behind me.

"Wait up. It's too late to be so giddy." I hear him curse before his hurried steps which makes me smile. He's like a big old grumpy grandpa.

Seating at my desk with different monitors facing me, it really felt like home.

Hacking is my life because it involves a different way of looking at problems that no one's thought of.

Pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose, I catch Redd staring at me. “oh my, sorry but I can't focus when you look at me that way.”

"I know it's obvious but you still and always will give me butterflies." He replies with a straight face and the butterflies in my belly goes wild with excitement.

Redd's always been that way, throwing compliments every now and then catching me off guard. I don't even know when our flirty relationship started, we've always been more like enemies than lovers. I never knew we'd ever say things and even do some things to our selves.

"Got it." I exclaim, startling Redd before he crouches down to look at the computer with me.

"Can you scroll down?" He questions and I was just distracted with how close we were. My body was already to such a small gesture.

"Yeah...yeah I c-can..."

"Are you okay?" he asks, and I could feel him stare at me from the side of my eyes. "Look at me."

I gaze at him, staring into his forest green eyes which captivates me every single time. I get lost in his eyes anytime I find myself staring into them.

"Continue looking at me that way and Ophelia gets a sibling soon." He forewarns and I gulp.

"Uhh.."

"That's right." he smirks. "Figured you'd stay quiet."

"Oh shut up Redd." I turn my chair to continue my work.

He chuckles, fingers covering his lips to hide it but I still heard it anyway.

"Okay so," I point that his call register. "i guess they already know that we'd be able to hack through it, with the way the numbers calling him and even messaging him are private."