3: The Cappuccino

"Thea?" another boy repeated, he sat by the table next to Ethan. "So, you're one of the new girls, huh?" he asked as if it was an insult and ran his hand through his hair that almost was the same hair color as Ethan's.

"No style at all, she's probably middle-class," the boy muttered under his breath and some of the girls around started giggling like five year-olds when he looked at them.

Thea heard what he said, loud and clearly, and instantly became a bit angry. Who did he think he was? Something occurred to Thea and she knew who this arrogant and cocky jerk was.

"So you're the boss here, the person that controls everybody else like marionettes?" Thea said, unable to contain the words flying out of her mouth.

"Ha-ha-ha," the boy replied and looked up and down at her with disgust in his eyes. "You know who I am," he concluded and clapped dramatically, which got many people's attention.

"Really? So you admit it yourself?" Thea asked automatically.

"Yes, I'm Jackson Meyers, son to Jacob Meyers and Vanessa Meyers, the people that own this school and some other big successful companies. So don't you dare use that attitude towards me," Jackson said and looked at Thea once again, in his eyes she was nothing but filth.

"I'm Thea Smith, daughter to Maria Smith, but I'm also the person that doesn't give a crap about what you and your parents own. And if you'll excuse me, I was actually having a pleasant conversation with Ethan, so don't interrupt again," Thea sputtered and heard many students start to whisper and probably come up with a millions theories and rumors.

"Is that how you want it?" Jackson asked rather daring and gave Thea an insidious laugh and that's when all the other students started to laugh, except for Ethan.

"He's always like this towards new students. But don't worry, I'll help you," Ethan said and gave her the sweetest smile.

"Thanks," Thea whispered and her stomach started to tingle, she smiled at him. Even though what Ethan had said really made her happy, the hatred for Jackson was growing as he continued to interrupt, time after time. And how the girls went crazy and fought for his attention made her want to puke. She would never turn into one of those gullible girls.

As much as she hated the girls' behavior, she hated Jackson's even more. People like him didn't know about pain and suffering because ever since they were born, they've had everything they've wanted served on a golden plate and the only thing they had to do for it was to order people around and talk.

The Bio-Inspired Robotics class had ended and Thea went down to the café to buy a small snack or drink to snack/drink on until the next lesson, which was her taxation lesson. Ethan had his biology right after the English lesson, so she had to find the cafeteria on her own. She regretted that she only took three pancakes. Thea was praying on the inside that the cafeteria had displayed what everything contained so she could avoid asking.

When she finally found the big cafeteria she saw Jackson, who was impatiently standing and waiting for his order. Thea walked forward and read through the menu that had more options than she would imagine a school having. It also luckily did display all the ingredients in everything.

"Where are you from?" Jackson asked without looking at her. At first she was confused as to who he was talking to, but when no one answered she understood the question was directed towards her.

"Texas," she answered and took her money out from her pocket.

"Texas?" Jackson repeated and laughed loudly, and like always, everybody started to laugh even though they didn't know what they were laughing at.